first serious grow attempt.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by nomad881, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Just started my first serious grow attempt. I've been involved in quite a few grows of different friends of mine,but have only grown a couple of my own. Been prowling the forums for months now absorbing all of your collective knowledge well into the wee hours.
    So after much deliberation decided to do an experimental grow with different kinds of grow methods,mediums,and lights.
    I purchased 5 different strains, but am only starting with 4 plants.
    Going to be growing some critical Jack herer(50-50 sativa/indica), biodiesel mass automatic (sativa/indica/ruderalis),fruity Licius ( don't know much about it the gf picked it, I do know it's parents, very Berry hashBerry and blue Berry. ) and purple paralysis, (lavender and power plant.) My back up seeds are some nl blue and some skunk#1
    At the time of writing,all 4 have germed and are 7 days old. Looking pretty good, a little stunting in the auto and the purp but I think they'll pull out of it. Got them growing under 2 monster cfls, but will add to it as plant needs necessitate. Will add photos as soon as I can. ppd5.jpg

bdmd6.jpg

cjd6.jpg

fld6.jpg

2. #2 nomad881, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Just got back from a weekend long party, checked on my girls and they took off while I was a away. Should be time to FIM em soon. Also found out the Bio diesel is photo period, ordered the wrong one. But whatever. I'll throw into flower as soon as she shows sex. Maybe try autos next year.

3. #3 nomad881, Feb 15, 2013
    Been a great week in the grow room! Got it all mylar'd out, got a nice little led light installed, and the plants are loving it! Going to fim in the next week.Read all night about the benefits of uvb on bud so purchased a little light for the flowering.

Critical Jack herer day 10
    IMAG0082.jpg
    fruitylicious day 10
    IMAG0081.jpg
    purple paralysis day 10
    IMAG0080.jpg
    biodiesel mass day 10
    IMAG0079.jpg

4. Good start man, subbed. Lookin nice so far. What is you grow room size? Plans for an HID? How are you liking the LED?

5. Hey man sounds like a good grow, I'm in. Anxious to see how that purple paralysis turns out, looks pretty sweet from the breeders notes though. Anyways good look and peace and good vibes to all.

6. my grow room size is debatable at this point lol ive got them started out in a 2x1 boxed out area in my spare bedroom but i have a 1.5x2x5 grow rack setup that im planning on moving into when it comes time. was going to just go with that but want a perpetual harvest thing going on so ive also got an area in mind for a veg spot and have a clone tank on the way.
    i figure four 2 foot plants harvesting every other month or eight 1 footers harvesting every month. need at least 5 ounces a month and am hoping for 1.5 at least from 2 foot plants. Ive debated long andhard about HID or CFL and i think im going to stick with cfl/led. the LED seems to do pretty good by itself but im going to use it for side/supplemental light mstly, pretty much cfls on top leds to the sides hopefully turns out okay lmao. I also have heat concerns in the summer because the grow room will essentially become a tin can baking in the sun lol
    @crosstwntraffic im pretty stoked for the PP as well, the area im in is home to ALOT of growers but they dont seem to be able to produce purples indoor, come to find out from hours spent trawling forums that its because my local grower friends keep their plants too warm, and they are too stubborn to listen when i tell them this, so imma keep it cool, put ice cubs on the soil,keep it in an unplugged fridge at night and grow the envy of my town.

biodiesel mass
    advanced-biodiesel-mass-autoflowering-feminised-seeds_232.jpg
    purple paralysis
    Cream-of-the-Crop-Purple-Paralysis 1.jpg
    critical jack
    Delicious-Seeds-critical-jack-herer.jpg
    fruitylicious
    fruity.jpg

if i can get anywhere close to how great these buds look ill be a happy camper!!!

7. Decided to leave for the weekend, i just love coming into the room after a couple days and seeing the explosion of growth. im actually up at my moms property right now so ill be able to grab some of our familys special dirt!!!! she lives on old farmland that borders a patch of protected swampland, and that border is home to the darkest softest stankiest dirt ive ever seen. dirt so black it STAINS ANYTHING it touches!

8. #8 nomad881, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    Decided a couple weeks ago to cut down on my tobacco consumption by smoking sweet leaf joints. Not a big deal by itself it's worked, but went to my buddy today after talking to him about it and he offered me a couple ounces of the sweet leaf from his personnel stain (of which he won't sell or even explain the genetics of. ) took his shwag went home and went to roll some doobies when I noticed just how frosty this stuff was,immediately threw it into my kief shake box and pulled off 8 grams worth of almost white kief, looked like coke! This is the leaf after that still looking killer. afrostyleaf.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg
    Can't wait to see the actual bud,he's being awfully secretive about it,and I've never seen him pull down anything less than pure dank, so this HAS to be some legendary mj! A joint of his shwag was comparable in cerebral high as a Hawaiian joint from the local dispensary

9. roll one up for me today bro haha. that kief sounds nice...

10. Never had leaf that was comparable to weed, but this does the trick, and I haven't had the urge to smoke other substances,so it's fulfilling it's propose:) and the kief was tops, put it in the pollen press and made some blocks of blonde hash

11. O come on now man! You're making me jealous with that crazy looking keif, and smoke a joint of that newly pressed hash for us will ya?:smoking:. cool soil you've got there as well sounds pretty crazy. Anyways good idea with the purple plan, although I've also heard of people giving chilled or iced water to their plants as well, idk though seems pretty ballsy either way, and I def hear you on those pics, anything half as good as those would be great for me. but I digress either way cool shit & good luck and keep it green, (or purple and white in your case) :D:smoking::wave:

12. Came back from a fun weekend to both a beautiful and distressing sight. All the plants had exploded,but the purp was droopy, I transplanted her and she's doing much better now. Going to fim today, their 2 week birthday:)

13. My grow box, I've also got 2 cfls coming down from above,light all over:) agrow.jpg
    the critical looking pretty
    cjd13.jpg
    the purple was looking a little sad but she got way happier this morning
    fld13.jpg
    the fruity showing nice growth,although I think she might be a mutant one of her leaves has 9blades and one of them looks like a thumb lol
    fld14.jpg

14. #14 nomad881, Feb 20, 2013
    The diesel never fails to bring a smile to my face. Not sure of its genetics but its a goofy plant .fimmed em all today and planted the fruity and the critical jack in 1 gallons. Not sure if i fimmed correctly as this is my first time trying but well see

15. #15 nomad881, Feb 23, 2013
    Plants are looking great , although I'm seeing some indica traits in the Jack, she's a little bush! Same with the fruity, it's the purple that's stringy lol and she's the most indica of all! And the diesel is showing great branch development

Fruitylicious day 15
    IMAG0122.jpg
    critical Jack day 15
    IMAG0121.jpg
    purple paralysis day 15
    IMAG0120.jpg
    Biodiesel mass day 15
    IMAG0118.jpg
    bdm branching out: )
    IMAG0117.jpg

16. lookin good man you gonna train or top soon?

17. Cut back some of the leaves on the Jack and the fruity, getting little bushes! The purple isn't coming around,she's still not showing a whole lot of growth..

18. #18 nomad881, Feb 25, 2013
    I tried fimming, so far it looks like mixed results, the Jack and the fruity took to it like crazy,branches popped everywhere,not sure if the purple took,she's growing slow,and the diesel shot out.

Going to start the NL blue today so when I take clones in a week or so they'll be around the same. Hopefully Going to be adding some white widow and some great white shark clones this coming rotation.

19. #19 nomad881, Feb 26, 2013
    The Bio is officially in flowering,she's a little cutie!

20. Nice man are you going to be taking clones off of all of them? peace and good vibes to all