First seed grow, jumping right into the deep end!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hello ladies, Aug 1, 2012.

1. looking good! Subbed!

2. thanks!

Decided to go all King Kong in the grow room last night, since most of the three seedings in there are probably male (the bigger of my bagseed plantings, one's starting to show). Bent out the one I'd topped a bit, and supercropped the other two

stopped in this morning and the front one had already started recovering and spitting new growths up, I didn't have my cell on my to take a pic before I headed to work tho, I'll get one when lights come back on tonite, hopefully I'll see even more growth then!

Looks like photobucket's being a PITA right now, I'll try again later.

3. Couple pics... first the flowering clone, she's probably somewhere around week 4-5 of flower, starting to fatten up. supercropped my 4-stem top (FIM?), and crushed the stems of the other two to get em to collapse too.

Can't wait to see them in 10 hrs...!

Attached Files:

4. Looked again, the fim'd plant (4 mains) is definitely a bro, so I pulled him just before lights out and threw him in the backyard

I'll kill him when I get home I guess, don't want it risking pollination of any girls around :eek:

5. Make some oil with the homie.

Looking good though man!

6. I leave the windows open to cool my grow closet, not sure if I want to risk pollinating anything in there :/

thanks tho! hopefully these girls do ok, I'm gonna get some new genetics running soon tho, found a good local source

7. Ran home at lunch and decided to kill that male I pulled out of the flowering closet. Didn't notice anything on the other two in there this morning, I'll keep an eye on them.

Was flipping thru the last 6 I have under t5, and two of them were looking really suspect. Either way, they started alternating nodes, so I threw them outside to see what happens. Nothing funny on the other four, so they're still baking while my closet sleeps.

First priority: proper genetics. Grow's 90% tuned in, time to actually get something out of it.

Attached Files:

8. Looks like a lot of fun man, im hoping to start soon when i finally get a place where i can, and reading through this made me much more excited! Good work.

9. Hey now!

Attached Files:

10. [quote name='"hello ladies"']Hey now![/quote]

... those aren't boy parts are they :/

11. Pretty sure 2 of the 4 under T5 are females, and one of the 2 left in the flower closet. The other looks sketch, I'll wait it out. Other 2 under t5... No sign yet.

12. 3 females under t5, so I'm 4 for 5 right now!

4 still to show... Think 3 of em are looking male tho. Still plenty happy!

Did more super cropping, snapped a stem on one girl :-( Taped her up, we'll see how she does.

13. The two I put in flower to see sex turned out to be female, I decided to just leave them in there and see what kind of yield I get at that size (since I still have a few more vegging)

Now I know what you guys mean with that initial stretch!!

Attached Files:

14. Had to cut the top off the one with the split stem, gonna let it veg and see how it does with just 4 nodes :/

So I have my gimp lady, 2 girls in flower, 2 more in veg, and one vegging still to show. Killed one male, two outside are looking quite suspicious... should know within the next day or two. Assuming they're both male, that makes me 5/9, or 5/10 if you count the seed that didn't make it past the first couple weeks. Not bad for a first run!

I think I'm going to throw all my females in there, grow one of the males in my garage just for some seed maybe... we'll see. Going to get some high quality clones going soon, so they'll be nice and veg'd around 2 months when the current batch is finishing up in the closet and ready to rotate in. Can't wait to smoke the blue dream clone I ran first to test the closet, she's looking really frosty. I remember this bagseed being really solid too, and that was for the seedy mess... gonna be a blast trying my own homebrew! :smoke:

Attached Files:

15. May be talking to myself here, but it's a good way to keep my own logs so whatever's clever!

Flowering girl is coming along really nicely. Gave her some bloom nutes with silica blast, she's just getting fatter and frostier. Think I'm finishing up week 3 or so, but she was starting to flower outside before I took her to an inside 12/12 so she may have a little head start on that.

The two bagseed girls in flower are coming along, little budsites starting to pop up. Stretched like crazy, hopefully they're slowing down now...! Still have 2 girls under my lights, with 2 plants waiting to show. 2 outside are almost definitely male, gonna watch the seeds grow for a couple days then axe em.

Everything still growing good!

Attached Files:

16. Stopped home at lunch, and the last 2 plants in veg left a present for me... baby pistils :)

Need to confirm, but I think this means I have 4 in veg and 2 in flower... 6/9 females from seed! Pretty damn good odds, if I do say so myself.

Ok... so I think I'm gonna run some clones off one of them, flower another, and leave the other 2 in veg. Maybe I'll transplant before I flower, throw her in a 7 gal pot for a while and see if she blows up for shits and giggles.

17. fuck it, dropped the $40 on a hydrofarm clone dome kit

gotta get this nailed down somehow

18. Stopped home at lunch to harass some of my girls... decided to have some fun with binder clips! :eek:

Looking good, feeling good... I think one of them is starting to get a bit yellow, probably time for nitrogen. Noticed some of the tips were in the t5's and slightly burnt... oops. Adjusted lights up, still undecided on all the vegging plants. Two of them are topped, so they wouldn't do me any good as clones. I guess I'll just LST them and run to a good size and see what I can get out of them. Maybe I'll throw a bunch of clones in solo cups and just flower them in the corner of the room for the hell of it? Guess I should really give it at least another couple months, then I'll have some smoke from these first plants and see if it's worth keeping this bagseed strain around.

Anyway, on to the pics!

Attached Files:

19. hey hello, ladies... yellowing also happens due to sulpher or calcium/silica deficiencey... S and Si are often neglected but they are macronutrients by my definition... cannabis can use more sulpher than phosphorous over the entire span of a grow

20. I've given them one or two shots of silica blast and am feeding them aerated tap water, I figured my minerals should be decently sorted. Been very hesitant on the npk since it's my first grow and I didn't want to deal with lockout/burn, so my guess is that's the more likely issue.

Either way, I'll just give them a light feed and see if that helps.