First seed grow, jumping right into the deep end!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hello ladies, Aug 1, 2012.

1. bastards... gimme my ballast!!

2. [quote name='"hello ladies"']bastards... gimme my ballast!!

[/quote]

Boo!!!! I bet if the guy who dropped it knew what it was for it would have arrives with extra bubble wrap.

3. I know, right?? The nerve... anyways, talked to the company, new one went out today, hope to have it by the weekend... not the end of the world tho

I don't think the clones will make it... all 4 were wilted and on their side. Probably just too intense too early... oh well.

Seeds are still going strong, I think the tacoing was from heat stress, so I sprayed everybody down today to cool off a bit.

A few of the plants have yellowed the first set of leaves, but the new growth and other leaves look great so I'm not all too concerned (should I be?). Just going to keep watering every three or four days and wait.

Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. #44 hello ladies, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    Got the light Friday, way too busy all weekend to get anything done tho

LST'd the big girl, and she' already growing "up" from the now-horizontal arms. crazy!

seedlings are still chuggin along, pulled some dead lower leaves but all the new stuff looks good. A few have really taken off, that's exciting but I'm just going to write them off and assume they're male until proven otherwise. Been spraying them when I see the leaves start to taco, that seems to help.

I'll grab some more pics at lunch. Just ran em really dry for 4-5 days, a few were starting to droop. Watered last night, and I swear they grew 30% in 12 hrs!

Attached Files:

5. anybody have success with spinosad? had a mite attack on an outdoor plant we had lying around, and I fully expect to see them show up again

6. Now that's what I'm talking about!

ForumRunner_20120820_204856.png

7. #47 hello ladies, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    Perfect timing, it looks like my outdoor girl is ready to go. LST'd her over the weekend, she loved it. Transplanted to the big planter last night and the gf said she's freaking out this morning and going nuts. Can't wait to see what she gives me, should be a nice tasty sativa (club clone, can't remember the strain)

8. talked to the girlfriend, we think this is blue dream... a clone that just kinda took forever to get going, just threw some water at it every now and then... nice to see it come so far!

Bedtime... 36 hrs in the closet, lights out! Got a ton of fresh soil below her, I have a feeling she's gonna throw some roots and do some serious growing.

9. Stopped home at lunch today, everybody's looking good. New growth is very light green, almost yellowish... not sure if that's related to the first batch of nutes I fed them a couple days ago, the bottom leaves all look the same as before. Either way, all very healthy and growing well. Three are way taller, I think those might be my dudes... gonna keep an eye on them, we're finishing week 5 from sprout now so they could start to show any day.

Attached Files:

10. hey hello ladies

questions.

1. neem oil?

2. compost?

nice growing!

11. No neem, I'm gonna buy some spinosad tho since I'm sure I'll see mites

Amazon.com: Bonide 252 16 oz Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew Concentrate: Patio, Lawn & Garden

No compost either, I'm just doing basic nutrients right now. when I get my grow more stabilized/automated and myself more comfortable I might start messing with mixes, but my time/space/funds have higher priorities right now :(

Thanks for the encouragement, it's amazing to see these things really hit their stride and start growing like the weeds they are!

12. Topped today!

ForumRunner_20120824_170244.png

ForumRunner_20120824_170430.png

Attached Files:

13. [quote name='"hello ladies"']Topped today!

[/quote]

Looking good man!

14. Thanks! Finally got ventilation in the closet sorted, running about ambient + 10F, not too bad. Definitely getting negative pressure in the closet with the fan running, I can blow a bong rip at the door and it sucks in from the bottom! :hello:

Attached Files:

15. Nice to meet you, Big Valboski! Subbing in to watch the explosion of green; that light should make those things go boom! I'm stubbornly clinging to my pitiful CFLs for at least another round but it is nice to get in on the ground floor of some new action.

16. Likewise! I still run T5's for veg, put these babies under them every day when the sun goes down. The flowering girl goes in the closet for the last couple hours of work, then naps all night.

When she comes out and I start to flower the bag seed in 2-3 months, I'm going to switch to a nighttime cycle. I think the lower house temps will really help my ventilation setup, and I'll be in the low 70's at that point.

17. #58 hello ladies, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Quick update.... Everybody's still looking good. I threw the three biggest ones in with the flowering plant to check sex. The biggest one looks like it's confirming my suspicions, couple round globes growing now, I'll keep an eye on them for a couple days.

I've got 6 plants vegging now, and I notice they're much happier indoor under the T5's all day than when I throw them under the sun. Guess the heat is just too much for them out there (mid 80's and very sunny). Flowering room is great now that I switched it to night, nothing over 82F. Humidity was a bit high at 62 when I left it closed all 24 hours the other day (had a friend over, couldn't open the door at night). That's with all fans off tho, so may I'll pop another time on to give them 15 minutes every hour or so with the circulation and vent fans, keep it from getting too damp after heavy watering.

Hopefully these bag seedlings show sex soon so I can get them into the flowering room and doing some work! Time to put in my first order of seeds soon, how convenient the next UFO deal's in 2 days... :devious:

Attached Files:

18. few better pics

Attached Files:

19. love that little topped shrub in the back

drastically shows the difference topping makes, little shorter but much more undergrowth

hope she turns out female, would make a great yield reference