first seed bank purchase

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by swollenblunts, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just order my seeds from the single seed centre. my first time ordering from a seed bank...i order with pre paid visa card and the 20.00 shipping method...here's what i ordered

1x Red Diesel - Feminized for £8.10 each
    1x King's Kush - Feminized for £5.51 each
    2x Super Lemon Haze - Feminized for £7.96 each
    2x Afghan Kush - Feminized for £9.40 each

tell me wat cha think??

2. hi world of seeds,and green house two of the worst seedbanks ever!
    i had afghan kush it sucks is not a landrace just hemp seeds,and not feminised.
    green house is more a fashion show than a seed company, arjan is a cunt has no idea of marihuana and of course their strains are not much better, i heard good things of lemon haze but i wont pay for it, and king's kush must be another kush strains, as thousands before,but if its from greenhouse expect as many diffrent phenos as plants you have lots of hermies and ridiculus yields.
    in my oppinion you shoud try next time legit seedbanks and dont believe scam like green house or world of shit , there are lots of good ones sensi,serious, ace,... no matter high or low prizes is more depending on the bank you spend the money. by example if you like white widow, the original try black widow (mr nice), the original GH breeder shanti baba is now in mr nice growing the original widow, but the copyright is from GH wich has been selecting a more indica plant than the original was. i read a shanti's interview saying that arjan threw all tha original phaters,mothers of all GH strains when shanti quit, he said arjan never reckon he did but everybody knows.
    and world of shit they dont even have breeders they just buy the seeds to spanish breeders without any kind of testing or anything. they say their genetics come to you straight from afganistan, but when they have been feminised???.
    it may sound rude but its the truth, you can have some good results but i will definitely throw away their shit and start complainig to the houses to give you something for free. maybe you get a free packet of hemp seeds:hello:, i'm joking sorry i'm too high right now, i'm smoking a haze/widow spanish cross that a friend gave me to try and fuck for how long i've been writing...
    p.d. its the third time i try to send this i hope now i will

3. yeah world of seeds is total crap.. sorry u failed on your first order.. at least GHS SLH aint that bad. but in comparison to WoS, you'll be happier.. just got a long ass flowering time ahead of ya now.

4. #4 swollenblunts, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
    i really didnt know any other seed banks that let u choose single seeds.. next time i will stay away from wos and gh... thanks for the input guys

5. I'm not defending GHS but most of their stuff is what they say it is. Arjan is not the breeder he just seeks good smoke and acquires seeds to resell. He's been known to slap a name on something and just sell it...but i think he stopped doing all that goofy stuff. Anyway go by the genetics u want...mandala has some cheap ones and very strong plants. medical seeds has the sour diesel for like 15 bucks a seed. don't know if it's a true sour diesel but i received both my orders in the mail and will be germing them. only thing that hasnt came in is the mug and shirt.

6. #6 Blaze all day, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010

Arjan is still playing his dirty little tricks (i.e. the "bubba kush" he says tastes like raspberries, the "chemdog" that doesn't look a thing like the '91, the "trainwreck" that has to this day never produced a Trainwreck-like plant, the list goes on and on).

sorry OP, you messed up your first order. world of seeds is low quality and Greenhouse is over hyped and not a company you want to support.

EDIT: I'm going to nip this in the bud before any Geeenhouse loyalists come to try and deffend their kings honor, people say "Oh Super Lemon Haze won the High Times Cannabis Cup two years in a row so it must be good shit!"

no, not even close. Mr. Arjan Roskam has a history of rigging the High Times Cannabis Cup in any way he can. He was caught once, it was all very hush hush but if you do enough digging you can still find articles on the topic.

7. Did not take long for the haters to jump on this one.:D

Bottom line grow them out the best you can and you make the call in 3 months. You should have plenty of free grass by then. I for one hope you are satisfied with your purchase. Dropping the ball is a bit harsh if you ask me. Do yourself a favor and enjoy that smoke and make em wrong. Only one way to find out?

Greenhouse is certainly the most commercial of the seed co's and uses a very "americanized" approach to marketing. Overstate their products and make enemies that simple. The rest is ancient history at this point. We have all heard the stories and read Shantibaba's description of how it went down and he has the only true genetics to the famous strains as we check the site verify Mr nice still in fact... sells seeds.

Good luck with those beans and grow some beauties!

8. op, dont listen to these people, who i suspect, dont even grow. world of seeds is shit? whoever says that obviosly doesnt know how to grow. i have done 3 wos pakistan ryders 6 wos afgan kush ryders. look in my journals these grew out some of the most potent shit available. got no less then 30 grams off any of them the afgans put out about 40 grams each. and that's all 6-8 weeks from seed. my proof is in my journal. where's everyone elses? greenhouse seeds i have a killer big bang in my scrog right now. and my close friend just pulled 4 1.2 zips off his FIRST plant in hydro of the super lemon haze. you are good op. mostly just haters, and seed trolls, here messing with you. grow your seeds and dont let no one tell you you made a bum order.:smoking:

9. don't get me wrong i have a greenhouse seeds white widow that was a freebie and it looks the best out of almost everything in the closet. arjan just resells good seeds. not sure who says he has bad genetics but i mean his rep is what took a beating. anyway there's no way to fuck up ur order unless u get kc brains cuz almost every seedbank has some good strains. nothing wrong with the SLH just cuz he sells it doesnt mean it sucks. he has screwed people in the past most likely but i see nothing wrong with freebies from GHS as they look very true to me.

10. You know the Greenhouse fans are desperate when they pull out the "hater" card. :rolleyes:

11. #11 Grasshumper, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
    not a ghs pusher nor am i desperate in any way. i have plenty of strains from all sorts of breeders including ghs seeds in my grow journals in my sig. so my opinion only comes from my own personal experiences. my grows speak for themselves. if you have a grow to counter my claims let me know. blaze, remember before i asked you if you had grown any of their current shit before? and you told me (Blaze all day) "I'd sooner be seen sleeping on a bed of nails."
    well how can you give an opionion on seeds you wont grow? i tried their super lemon haze and saw it's potential. 4 1/2 zips from one plant 7 weeks flowering, hydro, with a 3 week veg. and i can honestly say it was some of the most potent , lemon tasting, headbanger shit i have had since my trip to cali with the OG kush. all from my personal experiences. so yeah it's kinda haterish:D to tell someone else they bought bum seeds, when you havent grown it yourself or any other ghs seeds for that matter:confused:. i dont need to pull the card it speaks for itself bro.;) i still love ya blaze:wave:but your vendetta against ghs is personal not professional and you simply cant deny ghs has some quality seeds whether you like the breeders as people or not:smoking:

12. #12 Blaze all day, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
    That is where you are wrong, I have in fact grown some of Greenhouses varieties in the past. I wasn't impressed in the least, poorly bred varieties with lots of variation, and I was never satisfied with the highes. I am speaking from experience when I say Greenhouse can't breed for shit. Nice try though. :wave:

Lolwut? That's not what you said at all, you were trying to coax me into buying SLH. Because of the way their varities performed (in my garden and others) and the way their customer service department treated me I will never send them my hard earned cash ever again.

13. I believe we all appreciate accurate reports of grows succesful or not, saves alot of time and space. Grower feedback is the reason most of the growers are here. Problem is we are tired of hearing about Shanti and Arjan and the 90's. We have all read Shanti's post from the MrNice site concerning a majority of the seed companies losing the original mothers and fathers a few years ago. If this is the case who knows what company is selling the "real varieties"? I tell you who isn't Shanti who cannot seem to get them in stock for the last few years! I personally don't like either of them too much.

The genetics are the important thing here. I agree they may be selling brand name varieties with questionable lineage maybe not quite the same as what made them famous, but does that make them all crap no. To each his/her own but leave the ethics thing behind.

Bottom line as already stated it is a bit bold to tell the OP he is destined to fail with his order based on his list. Not a great way to get someones grow off to a good start. May be some winners and some losers, but I believe there is some potential there.

Best of luck again Swollenblunts let those seeds do the talking!

14. Enough about the questionable seed suppliers, "Experts". Lets hear about the undebatably good vendors out there.

15. Who's "we"? You do realise that every day more and more people are getting into growing, right? Just because you've heard the story doesn't mean everyone else has.

DJ Short, I've never heard of anyone being disappointed with his varieties. The worst I've hard was "Not my cup of tea", which in understandable since his wares are geared towards sativa fans. :wave:

16. oops grasshumper i think your wrong, you probably never tried a true afgan, or paki i did!!! and quite a few times. but if you believe that the packet they sold to you was really landraces strains, never heard that before from a proper grower but...

17. #17 patriofarmer, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
    :hello:

Dude my point exactly and mudslinging without detail does no one any service. Especially those people just getting into growing. Maybe I am morally corrupt but I do not care if Arjan fixed an already fixed cannabis cup, or screwed over business partners. Does his weed get me high? That's all I need to know. If you boycott every business that you do not agree with how they conduct themselves you will certainly die of starvation in a cave in the hills of some foreign uninhabited land. If you don't like the greenhouse strains you have grown let me know, don't judge them based on morals or lack of.

There are people telling the OP that his grow is doomed without any previous growing experience with those certain strains. That is just not proper IMO. I grew Passion #1 last year and it was pure crap IMO, but I'm not going to post everything Dutch Passion has is crap. There are some nice journals using their genetics as are some nice Greenhouse seeds grow. How do you explain seasoned growers myself included having good to excellent experiences with them? As I said before to each his own in the smoke. Personally I am not using them this year but that is only because I have found a few personal favorites to focus on.

Regarding the world of seeds...I cannot comment as I have never grown any of their seeds. Too bad more people could not just do that.

My favorite breeders since we are discussing is DNA/RP ATM. La Conf is about as uniform as can be and pure fire to smoke. Kandy Kush from RP is not the most stable of strains but what you find is fantastic...the best bud I have grown or smoked.

Once again for the last time to the OP swollenblunts good luck with those seeds and let us know what YOU think of them. I'm sorry to throw your thread off topic.

18. ok mr. 18 posts if you say so. but the world of seeds i grew out were their auto line not landtrace i never tried their landtrace but i definately would given the results of their auto's. link me to your grow mine is right here in my sig. i would like to see your true pakistan and afgan you grew from your true landtrace though:smoking:

19. coax you into buying. i never said buy anything. just said you should try the SLH cause i think you have been underestimating GHS new strains. you dont want to you dont have to. i have only bought 6 seeds from them total so i am hardly a ghs pusher. i had actually been staying away from them because of what you and a couple others here were saying about them. but when i actually sit down and tried some SLH my boy grew i was thrown back. and now i know better then to take peoples advise on breeders unless i try them myself. i am not gonna let someone elses personal beef stand in the way of me having good strains for me and my patient.:smoking:

20. [​IMG]
    There is no possible way I could underestimate Arjan/Franco's breeding abilities. For christs sake their newest variety is an auto-flowering poly-hybrid. That right there shows a complete lack of knowledge about breeding cannabis. IF (and I highly doubt it is) the SLH is as good as you say it is then they got damn lucky, that's all.

I will not send Arjan somuch as a dime, if i'm gifted some then so be it but I cannot bring myself to support a known liar, cheat, and thief. I'm shocked that you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.