First ScroG need some help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by almostgrower, Jan 22, 2017.

1. I have 2 unknown strains freebies I got from Nirvana with a purchase seed 1 popped November 29th, seed 2 December 10th. In a 5ft×3ft×2ft tent, 400w m/h, using happy frog soil, 4in ducting fan and a small fan blowing past the ladies. I topped my girls at there 6th node. They're about right under 1 foot tall. So I felt like it was a heat time tip transplant in 5gallon buckets and set up the Scrog net since my tent is small I I planned to wrap garden twine around the bars of the tent to make the net how large should the squares be apart and how far from the buckets should the net be.

2. Using Advanced Nutrients Grow, Bloom, Micro and molasses to feed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Here are a couple pics so you can get a better idea of what I'm working with. 20170122_131228.jpg 20170122_131228.jpg 20170122_131228.jpg 20170122_131228.jpg 20170122_131344.jpg

4. Looking healthy tho I would of started them off in seed with a half gallon to a full gallon. Try to transplant as much as possible to build a root system. Tho you can just use a 5 gallon and up you might run into more problems with this. Especially if your using synthetics instead of organics

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was planning to Transplant in to 5gals this week and set up the ScroG net, and prank up the light I believe in only using it at 75% strength. I wanted to use Foxfarm Ocean Forrest but my local supply store said they won't have it til Spring but the Ladies seem to Love the Happy Frog.
    And saying I have 5ft of height in my tent 4.5ft with the light hanging as high as I can get it and my girls are about a foot tall, how far from the bucket tops should I place the tent. And I have 9cubic square feet or 3ft of length and 2ft of width (how ever I'm supposed to say it.) how large should the Squares of my net be.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I would use wood or plastic pipes to give you something to pull the cord tight against. If you use the tent poles you could pull them to the point where it could cause problems. I prefer to use steel mesh panels like this myself as the screen is rigid and the plants can't bully it about.....

[​IMG]

Lots of people use cord screens but it has to be set very tight so it has the rigidity that it needs

In my opinion the holes should be 2", this is the best size I have tried

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks about how far from the bucket tops s should I set the screen.

8. There is no right or wrong answer, but about 6"-12" is good. I did one at 18" once and I felt it was a waste of height so now I do them at 12". If you're strapped for height you can definitely go shorter if you want. Leaving enough room to water is necessary. I water with a hose so don't need a lot of room under there

• Like Like x 1
  9. I agree^ its up to the grower how much support theyre willing to give theyre branches. Im no where near an expert but also as a first time scrogger i can definitely notice it helping my plants up and i do use it to lst. They say youre not supposed to remove the scrog once you got it in place for a little but i had to move my grow and theyre just fine. My best advice is cater to your plants, figure out how you want each branch and how its gonna be in the future.

I could use some help and advice in my grow as well

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dude what are you talking about? Transplant as much as possible? Stop talking.

Perpetual closet grow

• Like Like x 1
  11. Go 10 inches above the bucket! So you have adequate room to stick your hand in to train the branches. And transplant to the 5 gallon soon as possible. I don't know what that guy what talking about but it's far better to have a plant in the bucket it's going to grow in than it is to have it in a smaller bucket and have to transplant later. Further more making multiple transplants is worse. We have to do it when we HAVE to do it for space reasons. But given the option I think we can all say we would love to grow our plants in the big bucket it will finish in. That's what grows a healthy root system. Not transplants. There's so many people that give misinformation.
    I have a scrog journal on my profile somewhere. [​IMG][​IMG]

Perpetual closet grow

• Like Like x 1
  12. This is quite common practice, it prevents the roots growing straight out to the sides of the pot and simply encircling the body of soil. When you repot a few times you get more roots deep inside the soil sooner. Not practiced by everyone obviously, but it's very common

13. Like someone already said, 10"-12" above bucket is the sweet spot for me. Go ahead and get em in your final flower pot, put em under the net, let it fill to about 80%, and flip to 12/12. Let your tops grow about 3" above the net and pull and tuck to the next hole. I like the squares in my net about 2 1/2" - 3". I just find the 2" squares to be a little small when pulling a big branch through, just my opinion. Good luck!

"...Aim for the moon...even if ya miss you'll still hit the stars..."

My 1st indoor grow - Skywalker OG Kush 5x5 ScrOG
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1422110/