First SCROG. Making sure I am on the correct path.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by drew15a, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Hi.  I am on my third grow, first scrog.  I'm just going to show you where I am at in the process and if anyone has any good advice or sees that I am doing something terribly wrong please let me know!

Seed: Strawberry Cheesecake-mostly indica.  Awesome fun nightime high.  Hits hard and you get a bit of couch lock with a side of the giggles.  
    One plant
    Nutrient: Fox Farms
    Medium: Coco Coir
    Lights: CFLS baby! cheap and easy...does a great job for a small personal stash.  

Its day 32 in the vegetative state.  I topped at the six leaf set.  I wanted to do it for the 5th leaf set but I was out of town!  So I am a little behind the game.  

The pics attached showed the current state of my top.  The new set of growth are coming in slowly but nicely.  The other pic shows the secondary growth.  And the last pic is shows my general set up. 

My plan was to start bending the two main shoots and secondary shoots horizontally along my screen (pictured to the left in my general setup pic).  

Am I on the right path?  Should I top one more time and then start training them along the screen?  

Time is not an issue...my goal is high yields and to do some learning!

Attached Files:

2. i don't think i'd top it again at this point.. i'd just put a screen up and let it fill in.

how big is that pot you're growing in, and do you plan on transplanting before flower?

3. 3 Gallon Pot.  I will not be transplanting again. 

4. @August West - Do you top before or at the 5th leaf set?  If I had topped sooner than I did...would it be beneficial to top again...the 2 main and 2 secondary shoots?

5. Do you flower with cfl?

6. I topped these 3 at the 3rd node and got my screen right on top of them. They seem to be filling in nicely.

Attached Files:

7. Another shot for ya...my first scrog too. Good luck

Attached Files:

8. nice looking plants. You will be here soon. Current green crack scrog.

Attached Files:

9. How does someone veg under a net and then bring them into a flower room?

Or is it impossible?

I wanna veg and scrog in one tent and bring it all into my flower room...

Is that do able?

10. Maybe if you built a sort of cart to wheel them between the grow areas. You could rest your scrog net on the cart or build it into the cart, and rest the pot underneath the screen so all you'd have to do is move them where you need them

11. This is not mine but I remember seeing something similar and instead of trying to describe it and you trying to imagine it I just googled portable scrog and there are a bunch of diff pics for diff methods but here is what I was thinking of.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426060886.955431.jpg

G

12. #12 killset, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Veg and flower all in 1 tent. Do the same in the other, alternate them if you want different harvest times. That's how I do it. Unless you make individual nets for each plant.

13. Super crop them right before you put into flower and just place the screen or net on top. I never did it but watched a shit ton os vids on youtube. Looks pretty cool