First run, Thanks to you!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by microbialmadness, May 4, 2016.

1. I'm a regular lurker around these parts, as directed by CC from IG. What a breath of fresh air this place has been! Just wanted to say thanks for all the continuing info, it was been invaluable. I will be documenting my run to help other beginners.

The plants started off in the buildasoil seedling blend. I bought that before being directed to this forum, and probably wouldn't have boughten it had I been here first. Needless to say I still wanted to use it, after paying to ship it. It has been going well so far.

The day before yesterday was the first MBP watered in with Aloe/Fulvic/Agsil. First issue I've run into was not buying organic mulch. When I went into the tent this morning to remove the little I put down (before I realised it wasn't organic), I noticed some yellowing on the new growth.
    1462374542938.jpg
    1462374573644.jpg
    Slight sulfur deficiency?
    Should I top dress with a bit of gypsum?

I have to top dress with some more soil to fill out the areas that settled when I water tomorrow and that does have a bit of gypsum in it already. Other than that should I just LITFA?

Thanks a ton!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. LITFA, they're still seedlings you really don't have to even worry about watering in different teas and what not until they have their first set of true leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Isn't the first leaf set after the cotyl leaves considered "true"?

4. I always interpreted it as a three or five pronged leaf as a "true" leaf, even so it is usually better to let the plant do its thing until it is well established. Any halfway decent soil will provide the plant with what it needs and you can then gradually increase inputs and see how it responds in turn.

5. add plenty of LITFA.
    dont worry, new growth is often lighter color because they haven't stored as much nitrogen in them as older leaves.
    at this stage in life it shouldn't need any nutrients anyway until about 4th set of leaves, it packs its own lunch in the seed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Will do! I'll end up compiling a super in-depth grow journal from the perspective of a complete noob, hopefully it'll help others who ask themselves similar questions

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G925 V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. First, welcome to the forum.

Second, you most definitely, absolutely and positively do not have a deficiency in any way, shape or form.

Whatsoever.

You were given excellent advice to simply LITFA. Just keep it moist.

You're gonna want to do "stuff" just for the sake of doing stuff. Try and avoid doing much. Let them do what they do. Between the plant and the organic soil, they know exactly what to do. Keep the light on them and keep em moist. Not wet. Just moist.

J

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks Jerry!
    CC told me to look at your stuff when he directed me over here, as I am in MA looking to move up to Vacationland soon. Gotta say, you turning me onto leaf mold has greatly increased my love for this coast! Hopefully next year I'll be stocked up after I round up what I can from the neighborhood

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Leave it the fuck alone! Best advice in an organic grow with proper soil. As I learned today :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I've been looking since last night but I cannot seem to locate this wonderful PDF of most acronyms used regularly on this and other organic gardening resources. I'll find it!