first room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 420MD420, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Ive started designing what will be multiple grow rooms for one op, but theres more than a few areas that i need help with. heres what ive got sofar:

Mothers/Cloning room:
    probably just a closet or small room. four mothers and an aero-cloner, under flourescent tubes, probably just the local home depot shop light style. Regular box fan to keep some airflow.

Im going to split the vegetation into two stages, and the flowering will be a third. basically i hope to acheive roughly a monthly harvest after i get into full swing. i plan to run at least 100 plants per room though if possible like to do closer to 200. All the plants will be in either 3 gal or 5 gal plastic bag pots(sont know which i should use.). All the rooms will be lined with the white pvc plastic sheeting. I want to use this: C.A.P. Custom Automated Products: 4' X 100' ROLL BLOCK-IR, BLOCKS IR, THERMAL AND RADIANT HEAT, 2 LAYERS PLUS INSULATION [BIR-100] - Reflective / B&W Films, Clips, Tabs, Zipper Doorway - Horticulture Source particularly if im using the mh/hps lights, but i have not clue if it works, or if it does, how much i would need to cover for it to be effective. im not sure where to go with odor control either. cheap would be best, but i need effective also.

Veg room 1/2:
    Torn between 1000w MH light or 2 600W MH lights, im going to run them on a track with a mover. Id love to do flourescents but i have no clue how many it would take to do this many plants and i figure itd cost alot more. I also figure to do some kind of reflector on the light to cover more area. Ill have fans on the lights, and also some box fans in the room.

Flowering room:
    Pretty much same as the veg rooms, except HPS lighting.

comments, suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. On the clones run cool white and warm flows together in one light, better spectrum that way. Don't waste your money on grow bulbs, regular flows work fine for startup. One word of caution don't use the peat mix by itself. It has no nutrients or very little and my seeds almost crapped out from the stress. Look for a good seed starting mix that is easy on the plants but still has some energy for the plants once they get a couple inches tall. Normally the seed carries the food, but in my case lack of nutrition was evident.

Depending on how long the plant is alive, and how big it normally gets would determine the root ball size and container size. Most mj plants that are moderate in size only need 3 gallon containers. Exceptions would be saliva's , auto flowering plants that only need 1 or 2 gallons in size and mothers for cloning later should be in the biggest pot available. mothers need huge root systems to support for mass cloning or you may kill her if not. Some say any bigger then 3 gallons is just wasting money. I agree to a point. For me if I am going to clone a girl she goes into a very large pot not 3 gallon pot, my white widow is in a 10 gallon pot and my short stuff that only grows 16 inches is in 2 gallon pots. Probably would be fine in a quart container but i tend to like to water less often.

I run the 600 watt lights instead of purchasing a mover. If they made two 500 watt lights it would be better than 1- 1000 watt. Some people may disagree if they have the mover. Movers just are so expensive unless your going to do this for a carrier I wouldn't waste the money. The reason is you can get more exposure over a broader area with more lights. More watts doesn't necessarily make things better. If I were growing that many plants i would probably go sea of green with 3 gallon pots. I have done this and it worked great. Your yield will be the best using sea of green. I would not use 5 gallon pots in your case. Just my opinion, you want to keep your plants close together so the 3 gallon or smaller works perfect for this.

Read the federal laws on getting caught with 200 plants. Its an eye opener. I believe it is life in prison if intent to distribute. Stay under 100 if possible

Take care and i hope this helps some

Ps if you already have the light mover and a standard size bed room i would go with that. Some people hate movers and claim they don't work as well as they should.

Buditch:smoke:

:smoke: