First Real Attempt at a Grow Advice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crazylegs, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hello GC. I've been poking around for a while and have even attempted a bagseed grow with MG soil. and had to abort about 1 week into flowering due to my roommate being a loud mouth. but this time, i'm keeping to myself.

I bought seeds from attitude back in december with the DP promo and decided to try my luck right now with Mejong High Fem. Germinated by the paper towel method (3 days), around noon today, it was planted about 1/2 in deep in FFOF that was watered very well before hand and it has drainage holes. It is under a 150W HPS about 4 Inches away. and there is a 12in fan circulating air throughout the closet.

The question i have is will HPS cause the soil to dry out too quickly before the plant has a chance to root and should i move the light further away, the top of the soil already feels a bit dry.

there are 2 pictures attatched

Attached Files:

2. imo, the HPS is way too close... i have a 400w, just use fluoro lights on seedlings. if not, id suggest moving the bulb AT LEAST 2 feet away from the seedlings....

3. The HPS will definitely dry the medium out much quicker. You just need to water regularly and keep an eye on it.

But for a seedling, all you need is about 14w CFL 6500K.