Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First qwiso batch

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by vitalvoid, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I just ran my first batch of qwiso hash and it turned out pretty good. I have a lot of things I want to improve on with the process so tips are appreciated. This batch had a nice lemony flavor to it and great kick.

I collected remains from a grinding tray and stems in a jar.
    After I had about a half ounce I broke down all the material and stems by hand and tossed them into a small mason jar.
    Squirted some 91% iso on the material enough to cover them and let them sit for about 30 seconds and then I shook them for 30 seconds.
    I poured everything through a coffee filter and let it drip through and poured it out onto a plate for drying.
    I let it sit for several hours and then scraped it up with a razor and thats it!

What are the best practices to make this stuff. It's pretty simple so I wouldn't mind complicating things to get a better product. Any tips?:confused_2:

2. Better bud= better product

Better filters= better product.

Got pics of the result!?

3. No pics from the batch. I didn't yield much and my wife and I went through a good amount of it already. It came out a dark green, which I know isn't ideal. The bud was all high grade so that helped a bunch. The filter was a regular coffee filter. I didn't have any unbleached around, but if you think that matters I would try it. Does chilling everything make a difference?

4. Use a sieve before the filter. Sitting in the filter with plant material will give it more chlorophyll.
    Freezing everything helps.

5. Thanks Izzy. I was wondering that as I watched the material drain. Do you recommend using more than one filter or is that overkill?

6. More than one filter would make for a cleaner finished product bro

Some people recommend filtering twice