First QWISO Attempt

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by datt420, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Made it with about 14g of sugar leaves, and I washed out my BHO tube and pan with the alcohol beforehand, ended up with 1.6 grams of some dark green/amber oil.
    Haven't smoked it yet, because I haven't got my proper oil rig, and I've had plenty of BHO. Have a feeling this isn't quite as good...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Desire HD using GC Forum

2. How long did you wash the trim?

3. [quote name='"Jimmy Carter"']How long did you wash the trim?[/quote]

40 sec soak, 40 sec shake, I kno hashmoufs guide said 30 sec for both, but he was using 90% and I only had 70%

4. [quote name='"Jimmy Carter"']How long did you wash the trim?[/quote]

This was the bud I ran thru my BHO tube, we had issues with the tip sealing to the tube n didn't get it fully purged cuz of pressure, you could tell there was plenty THC left, my tube had oil in it

5. if you had 70 you would want to do even less soaking and shaking, the more water in the iso, the more potential to extract chlorophyll and other things you dont want.

and 30/30 is still way too long if you are trying to get a very high quality product, seeing as when you filter it, it is very much so still in contact with plant material

6. 70% is a huge no-no. Keep everything frozen and wash quickly.

I generally try to do this: (all times estimated)

First wash - 10 seconds
    Second wash - 15 seconds
    Third wash - 20 seconds
    Fourth wash - 25 seconds
    Fifth wash - as long as you want, that run is for yield, not quality.

7. [quote name='"Jimmy Carter"']70% is a huge no-no. Keep everything frozen and wash quickly.

I generally try to do this: (all times estimated)

First wash - 10 seconds
    Second wash - 15 seconds
    Third wash - 20 seconds
    Fourth wash - 25 seconds
    Fifth wash - as long as you want, that run is for yield, not quality.[/quote]

5th wash lol... you may as well call it hemp oil, no hash action will come of it

Especially if you aren't letting the material dry inbetween each run... the remaining iso is still extracting so each subsequent run is pulling out the previous runs leftovers + chlorophyll

If you really wanted to test it, id say after the 4th run let that shit dry completely, and waste a can of butane blasting it... if the yield you get from that is, essentially nothing (I almost guarantee it will be) then you don't need to waste your iso :p

8. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

5th wash lol... you may as well call it hemp oil, no hash action will come of it

Especially if you aren't letting the material dry inbetween each run... the remaining iso is still extracting so each subsequent run is pulling out the previous runs leftovers + chlorophyll

If you really wanted to test it, id say after the 4th run let that shit dry completely, and waste a can of butane blasting it... if the yield you get from that is, essentially nothing (I almost guarantee it will be) then you don't need to waste your iso :p[/quote]

I'd rather waste the ISO than the $8 can of butane lol.

I was just following hashmoufs guide though, only other time I've made QWISO wad years ago with stems n it sucked

9. I'm just doing QWISO to get every last it of the THC and use all the plant though, I'm always gonna run butane through it first, that stuff, with a dome n titanium nail, out of a bong, is amazing.

10. I do all my runs right after each other quickly so my first, second and third are all light colored. the later runs arent really for smoking, maybe on top of a bowl but not to dab with. I like to use those topically too, they work wonders.