First Post! Question on what strain to choose for sleep?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by puffinpenguin, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hello Grass City

Let me start out by saying this site has helped me out so much from my first grow two years ago to my last grow. I am sad to say I have never posted but would like to start contributing. I live in a mmj friendly state and have a close group of grower friends that i can get excellent and numerous strains of clones and buds. Even though we always have A+ stuff all of the strains grown have at least 60% sativa genetics which is what I love in my genetics.

I have been struggling with insomnia for many years now and I have tried trazodone and some anti depressant cocktail the psychiatrist prescribed and the trazodone had zero effect on me except with high doses which was not recommended. I then tried just ambien which yet again did not really have an effect either. After about three months i said fuck these pointless Rx drugs. I now am to the weirdest most unhealthy sleep schedule (sleeping for fourteen hours then staying up for 24-36 hours for example)

After all that background information I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what strain i could purchase to knock me out at night? I would like the strain to be on Marijuana Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds and not be an expensive strain (no more than 15 us dollars) seeing as I am running low on funds since setting up my new grow area. Also the strain would need to be able to grow somewhat well in my set up. My set up's dimensions are (30"L)x(20"w)x(60"H), the light is a 400 watt hps (i know its overkill), the grow style will be 2 bubble buckets with a scrog (to control height), I also have a 6" inline fan (424 cfm) and a carbon scrubber (overkill but i had it from previous grows) so smell is not an issue, and I am using general hydro 3 part nutes. I will also be running one of my friends strains as well they are mostly 8 to 9 week strains that are hybrids (stated earlier in the post)

Thank You, Grass City members in advance for your answers (hopefully) and please do not post idiotic replies. Also if anyone is interested in seeing a journal of my grow please let me know or if someone is interested in mentoring me for my first try at DWC please let me know. I hope to be a positive member of GC and hopefully continue posting.

P.S. Sorry for the somewhat long read for the stoners out there, but I try to be thorough. Also, I have already compiled a list of some strains that are recommended if anyone wants to see the list just let me know.

2. Mango kush, afghani, I dont know if a 60 percent sativa is quite what youre looking for for insomnia

3. Sorry i didn't specify enough, but the 60% sativa strains are the ones that i can get clones of when ever I want. I am looking to buy seeds of a strain that will help with insomnia. Thank you for the suggestions and quick reply. I will look into those strains.

4. ice, the church, NL5...all knock my ass out

5. Usually I have better sleeping results with indicas for sleeping I have been smoking a lot of GDP for this exact reason and it reeeeealy helps

6. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']ice, the church, NL5...all knock my ass out[/quote]

Ahhhhhh all of those are EXCELLENT CHOICES! some of my personal favs