First Post & First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JeffGoines, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Hey guys so im new to this forum and im new to growing, this is my first time trying and wanted to show you my set up and my babies so that i could get some feed back. The 2 strains in these pictures are strawberry kush and honneydew. My grow room is a re-purposed perforated clothing dresser. I have 2 Sunblaster 110-130 VAC, 60hz fluorescent lights on at 18hrs on and 6hrs off and a 120v 60hz fan for circulation, also a bucket of water for increasing humidity and purifying my water supply. After doing the wet paper towel germinating technique i planted the seeds into a mixture of 80% promix, 10% worm castings, 10% trio-mer. The plants you see in the photos are exactly 9 days old.

Attached Files:

2. Luke'in goooooood JG

very cool design and plants! +rep

3. Looks good man.. What did you use arounld the door? Im trying to find something to put on mine that will seal in light

4. i used a form of foam weather stripping, i double it up on both sides so it would squeeze the foam together and seal out all light. As i live with my straight edge sister it does the job very nicely.

5. Thanks never thought of that.. I see a trip to home depot in my future..

6. Friendly little bit of advice, lower those lights some. Your sprouts are stretching for light. Not sure how warm those tubes are, but I'd be more like two inches away from the tops.
    Just have to keep raising lights as they grow. Are you planning on flowering under those flouros?

7. Havent thought about flowering in this box yet. Do you think these lights would be able to produce significant bud?

8. The general rule of thumb is 100w for 1 plant and 50w for each additional plant after usually stopping at about 8-9 plants under 1000w is what I do. I am sure you can do it with less but this works and if you swap to the standard cfl used in most stealth boxes you can get more lighting in there. Just a thought

9. Im not going to keep all 10 i might just keep 2 in there and have the other in a different location. Would these lights be sufficient for 2 flowering plants?

10. I flower with 1k hps, but have seen some blades get a decent harvest from flouros. Maybe keep the lights you have, and supplement with as many 2700k cfl's as you can without overheating your cab. Maybe look into scrog, keep all those plants, and weave them into the screen. If you're not concerned with plant count that is the fastest way to fill your screen up. Don't know if you're seeds were fem or not, males in a scrog suck to get out of there.

11. hey jeffg

awesome cabinet!

a finishing touch would be to paint the inside white

good luck and good day!

12. I have some of that white reflective plastice which i will be implementing into this design. After the help of some people on this site, i have come up with some add ons i will be implementing soon. Stay tuned for the updated stealthbox! And babies :)

13. Yes, definitely lower the light! Very cool stealth setup. Also it doesn't look like your light has a reflector, so you are losing a lot of light from the back side of it. White paint will help this, and a diy reflector will help a bit more. Overall, cool setup man, keep up the good work!

14. Hey every one i wanted to update you and display my 2 week old babies, 5 are strawberry kush, 5 are honneydew

Attached Files: