First post and a question!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Immeco, May 12, 2009.

1. Alright so I was referred here by a friend for my growing issues! I'm a long time smoker and other drug tryer but first time grower! My friends getting some good seeds for me and he's sprouting them but I'm going to be the one to actually store and grow them. I'm going to be keeping 4 plants in a garage that will be warm most of the time (it's summer here) I've been looking at the guides but it's all fairly confusing to me. Could someone help me out here? Is there a light I should buy? Should I store it in a regular plant pot? Do I cover it? All help is appreciated!

2. garages can get pretty hot in the summer so heat issues may be something youll have to address.
    also your lights can draw attention at night. are you building a seperate room in your garage for your grow? if so, think about ventalation.
    as far as pots, use black if possible and one gallon pot for each foot of plant is a good formula to go by.
    as far as lights id recommend fluorescent lighting for the veg stage(18/6) and high pressure sodium for flowering stage(12/12). (opinions vary)

i hope ive helped you get on the right track. do some intense reading on the forum. theres tons of info right at your finger tips.

good luck and keep her green..........

3. Well I live in apartments so the garage is basically another small apartment down the ahll from me. I set boxes around the area to stop the light so that won't be a problem. The garage has it's own ventialiton system set up. I'm also using Dier's LST method for them. And as stupid as this probably sounds. What's the veg and flowering stage? Like I what they mean but like..how can I tell when they start? Also is there a specific soil/fertilizer that I should use?

Haha and ONE more question (sorry dude!) but waht do those measurements mean?