First Plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AstroTravelin, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Hey GC! I just got my first plant :yay:, it was sort of bestowed on me by a dispensary, as a gift, and while I do possess basic grow knowledge, I'm not sure whether or not I should invest my time and money into this plant. It's a clone, and I don't have any knowledge of the strain. Heres what I'm trying to say: I don't want to waste the plant, but I don't want to invest too much time or money on it either. How can I keep it alive until harvest? Or is it even possible to deny her the attention she deserves and still have her put out? Are there any minor things I can do to ensure it's survival? Thanks GC! :smoke:

2. Hi...

I think that your going to have to invest some time and money in order to get anything from your gift! It can be as cheap as some CFLs (of the correct color) and a dark place to flower her. Or as expensives as you want it to be:eek:
    If you don't know where to start, try reading the stickies at the beginning of this and other forums. The http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...olute-beginners-compendium-helpful-links.html has great links to other great threads.

Good Luck!

3. if it came from a dispensary then u can be sure it is of good stock and a female i would just use soil very cheap and not too much work needed but miraclegro is not good for plants fox farm and sunshine #4 is best but u have to add nutes

4. You will get out what you put in. If you want to do ti as cheap as possible and with very little work, then the best I would expect is a small low producing plant if it makes it at all.

5. oh shoot man... get into it. get you a few cfls and get ready and start saving up and get ready for flowering to bring you an ounce or more of the best weed you ever had in your life cause you grew it. check out the grow logs and get all pumped up. name her and nurture her and you will quickly fall in love. good luck.

p.s.... marijuana isn't half as addicting as growing marijuana

6. Amen to that, brother!