First plant ever sprouted!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Resolve, Feb 2, 2008.

1. So my first plant ever sprouted 2 days ago! My question is (i can't find this info anywhere for some reason i already looked) do i just keep it under the plastic wrap and not water it with 24/7 light till it gets bigger? Because as of now im just letting it grow without touching anything because i have no clue what to do.

2. Well, i could go on and on in answer to your question, you need to keep the soil moist, and humidity up. Also get into the habit of calling it 24/0 as most people refer to light/dark hours instead of hours/days.
    24/0 will be fine as long as its getting more than 18 hours of light, youll be fine until you learn more through keeping up your reading.
    What type of light are you using? Do you know the temp/humidity? What type of soil is it?

3. Its kind of an akward setup, i'm using one 40w CFL and one 13w cfl. MG organic soil is what im using also.

4. You need to buy a book or read the stickies to get some knowledge of the basics. Starting a grow without the proper knowledge is bound to end in disappointment.

5. Do you know the K temperature of the bulbs?
    And yea, MG soil is usually a no no.

6. Nope, i have no clue what the K temperature is. When i put my hand under the bulb though it doesnt seem too hot. the sprout's stem looks about an inch long maybe a little more.

I'm pretty much doing a ghetto ass college kid closet poor-grow. So if i even happen to get past the beginning stages ill be happy, i still have 16 more seeds left to play with, but who knows maybe this plant will live..

7. Well the 13w bulb is 2700k, and im pretty sure when i bought the other light it said 6500k. so i have both running.

Here's a shitty pic of the sprout...my camera wouldnt focus well for some reason.
    [​IMG]

8. Well if you have both types of light, thats good, however that soil looks barky. If you want to just let it go, then do so, but different soil would better its chances. Looks ok so far.

9. If the soil is moist, leave it under saran wrap. Or cover with a sandwich baggie. Open once a day for some fresh air. You won't have to water for awhile if you do this.

MG Organic probably isn't ideal, but it's fine for now. You can get new soil for when you repot. Fox Farm Ocean Forest seems to be pretty popular, or Promix, or whatever.

Your lights are fine for now also. Yeah, "cool white" for veg, "soft white" for flower, as much wattage as you can fit in the box.

Read all the stickies on these forums while you wait for it to get a little bigger.

Good luck!

10. Thanks guys your always a giant help, and yeah i think ill add more lighting soon once i get some more money. I'll try with the MG soil because i've seen some people have good luck with it, who knows maybe i might too.