Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First pipe EVER

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Flyinstarhigh, Mar 16, 2012.

1. #1 Flyinstarhigh, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    Ok so tomorrow im thinking of going to get a glass pipe and I was wondering if there are any certain types that are better than others and is it worth getting the glass screens? Also I am a blunt and joint smoker so is there any difference in the way you smoke it? Any help or tips would be appreciated. Also I really wouldnt want to spend too much on one either cus its probably not gonna be my main smoking utensil.

2. Congrats on your first glass.

First, skip the glass screens. I personally haven't met any one that enjoyed using them. They are a pain in the ass and cause more work than they are worth.

Look for a nice glass bowl. You can get a decent quality glass bowl for cheap.
    I prefer one with a rush hole.
    I also prefer a pipe that doesn't have a huge intake hole in the bowl.

3. As far as packing it and shit will I need more or less than a normal size blunt or jay I usualy put about .6 g in a blunt or jay. btw I have been smoking for about 3 years so tolerance would be there.

4. [quote name='"Flyinstarhigh"']As far as packing it and shit will I need more or less than a normal size blunt or jay I usualy put about .6 g in a blunt or jay. btw I have been smoking for about 3 years so tolerance would be there.[/quote]

You ain't fittin 0.6 in a pipe. Prob 0.1 or 0.2 depending on size. Just pack, smoke, and pack til you're high. It is more conservative than joints, so youll definitely need less. And as far as glass screens, they ain't too bad. But not worth it if your intake hole isn't massive. Glass screens are much more worth it with bongs than pipes.

5. Not going to lie, it will be much much harsher than your usual blunt/joint. Even then, I'm personally in love with my pipe <3
    Very good investment. Checkout your local headshop or the GC site.

6. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

You ain't fittin 0.6 in a pipe. Prob 0.1 or 0.2 depending on size. Just pack, smoke, and pack til you're high. It is more conservative than joints, so youll definitely need less. And as far as glass screens, they ain't too bad. But not worth it if your intake hole isn't massive. Glass screens are much more worth it with bongs than pipes.[/quote]

One of my friends has a pipe that we can pack like 3/4 a gram into it if we wanted to, its bowl is gigantic! :smoking:

Anyways, OP get a nice thick piece of ass I mean glass, make sure it doesn't have a big intake in the bowl because you don't want scooby snacks haha :D

7. Get a sherlock. You won't be disappointed man.
    I had a nice sherlock, about 3-4inches. That thing would RIP for a glass pipe.
    Just my .02. Puttin it in, and gettin a dollar back.

8. #8 ILLOGIK, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012

LOL WRONG!

Granted the average bowl wont fit .6 of a gram in it, but I have quite a few large bowls and one that will hold a over a gram.

Sounds like your're messing around with tiny pipes all the time. When you're having large sessions no point in a bowl that only holds .1 gram. You'd be cashing out the bowl multiple times before it even made it once around the session.

9. same. all of my bowls can hold over a gram

10. get metal screens for a pipe or glass ones if your getting a bong. In my experience pipes will get you higher on less bud so that .6 you are rolling will equate to about .4 in a pipe in terms of highness. Also get a pipe with a shotty hole and as someone else said sherlock styled pipes are really nice but if I were you I'd get a chillum, they save more weed but are only good when solo or with one other person so take into account what kind of use your looking for. Again look at the intake hole, I prefer smaller holes (don't we all haha) but this is just because I hate ash in my mouth which can be fixed with screens but its easier if you get a bowl with a deep,tight head.

11. Never thought of investing in a bowl that holds that much for a pipe. For my purposes, a pipe is more of a personal or two person piece. Plus, even if I had 6 heads on it, I would much rather pack 3 0.2g packs than a single 0.6g pack and wasting some and letting others get non-green hits. Or, more than likely, we'd be hittin the bong or have blunts if we have a bunch of heads.

Definitely wouldn't pass a bowl that held that much though :p I ain't that snobby, just prefer green hits for me and everyone. Bongs spoil you like that :smoke:

12. I always like to clear my bowls so i dont pack it like crazy. most ive done is share my pipe with one other person. if we are going to have a 'sesh then for gods sake someone bring a bong or roll a fattie