First pics of my second grow cabinet.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Charlie0824, May 28, 2016.

1. This was a 2'x2'x3' shipping crate I repurposed into a grow box. It's going to be my veg box, and I'll use my 5' tall box for flowering. I'm currently running 2x 40w & 4x 23w 6500k CFLs and a 150w UFO LED I just added today. The seedlings that are in there are mystery seeds from Nirvana. What do you guys think? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. #3 Charlie0824, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    I made it. I finished the first grow in this with just one female yielding 4.5oz of good bud in a one gallon fabric pot with a coco & perlite mix and GH Flora trio. [​IMG]

White Widow autoflower x4

3. Very nice! What lights were you using on the 4.5oz monster?

4. I finished her with one 90w UFO LED four 23w 2700k CFLs, and two 40w 2700k CFLs.

5. Very impressive. Your set up is similar to mine. I hope it turns out like yours. What strain is that beast?

6. I have no idea. It was a freebie seed I got with an order from Nirvana. They grew really weird at first with long, twisted leaves. As soon as I flipped to 12/12 and got rid of her two brothers she came to life and amazed me. I let her flower for 12 weeks because she was foxtailing like crazy. The yield probably doubled in the last 2-3 weeks. It's made for pretty good smoke and some tasty QWISO shatter too.

7. Looks great. I would consider switching out the cfls for some screw in leds with the bulb part removed. Impressive yield for the one gallon pot.

8. How did you run that wiring for the socket fixture? That looks great for a vegging/autoflower chamber.

9. Thanks man. I used lamp holders, 14ga jacketed wire, and wire nuts to hold it all together. All the wiring is all contained in the PVC. The lamp holders fit in 2" PVC almost perfectly. I used some clear silicone caulk to secure and waterproof them. Everything is wired in series to to an old double jacketed lamp cord, which is the only writing that sticks out of a sealed hole. I just switched to 11w LEDs and am so far pleased with the results.

2'x2', 3'x3' and 2'x4' - Multi-strain

10. Yeah. Saw that posted up on the SL thread so I had to run a search to see if you did a DIY build for it. Looks amazing and I'm wanting to that do if I grab this 300 watt led since the focus is on the middle and the side coverage drops tremendously. Figured with your set up, it should be enough to make up for the horrible side coverage.