First PG attempt, help?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 1994styles, Mar 4, 2013.

1. #1 1994styles, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    Whats up guys, So i recently got a few bagseeds [i know, 50/50 on male/female but ill worry about that later, i have nothing but time] and i am thinking of trying 2 of them out to see if i could get a nice personal started.

So far i havnt done ANYTHING yet, so if you have any suggestions, id gladly hear them and take into consideration!

Okay, so , i am figuring I will start them inside the house until it gets to be nicer out so i can transplant them into my forest area, IF they do get to that stage.

Now, first things first, Germination. I have been reading about this for awhile now and I am going to go with the old : 2 PAPER PLATES, MOIST PAPER TOWEL, SEEDS, and a warm place. (hopefully in my drawer, sitting on a heating pad, with a towel overtop)
    If my seeds do sprout after a few days, i am going to plant them into some gardening soil into a solo cup. I will cut holes into the bottom and water it when it needs water, now comes the questions...

Should i keep light on it while its in the solo cup? Would one household CFL light work? I read from 2-6 inches away from the sprout.
    And how long should this light be on per day?

Thanks guys , I will post pictures once i get started too so you could keep up with me if you want to see the progression :D

PICTURES!!!!!

My BagSeeds...
    [​IMG]

The germination process starts!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yes. Yes, as long as it's at least 23 watt's but only for a few days. And from 24 hours a day to 18 hours on and 6 hours off

3. Okay, thanks, but what do you mean only for a few days? So if my plant does sprout, keep the CFL on it for 18 hours a day, for 3-4 days? And then what? Keep it on a window sill?

:]

4. i think they mean 24 for the first 3-4 days then switch to 18/6 for the rest of your veg cycle.

5. Ahhh, okay thanks :]

Another question, obviously ive never grew before, and i know itll start to stink soon, but how long after they sprout do you figure the smell will become pretty noticeable?

6. Sorry I meant your light cycle could be anywhere from staying on 24 hours a day to a schedule of 18 hours on and 6 hours off. As for 'a few days' I mean you'll need to add more light than one cfl after a few days or stretch will be a problem. They start smelling anywhere from 2-4 weeks in, but some not noticeable till flower.

7. depends on the strain, but most dont get too bad till a couple weeks into flower from what i hear.

8. Okay, nice, this is just bagseed so im not sure on the strain lol. Just wanting to try my green thumb out , haha.

I feel like a few weeks will be enough time to move it out into the garage.

9. Get a carbon filter or do not do this at all. dont start until you have one. at first maybe 3 weeks they wont really smell. but as soon as they grow or you pinch off a leaf they will start stinking up the place once you start flowering your neighbours will be complaining about the dead skunk in your flat. i am not kidding i live in an apartment with a nice draft throgh it windows on both sides. even with them open and wind blowing throgh i could smell the stuff in my hallway (outside the apartment).

10. Look into ozone generators, cost about what a good filter ($100) does but works better and longer.

11. I live out in the country, im not worried about neighbours lol.

Just curious because i dont want the house to be stinking up much haha.

3 weeks sounds like enough time, will be almost april, i figure i could move outside by then !