First Perpetual Grow // LEDs // 12/12

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KruiserIV, May 12, 2011.

1. I saw from some of your pics kinda what you are talking about on your ventilation.
    My thought would be to first replace your carbon filter to a higher cfm before anything. There is a reallly good DIY one here Then with less restriction your 200cfm may flow better and if and when you still think you should upgrade your fan I would try just the new fan by itself first, then consider if you need the additon one in between them. Im not an engineer but my guess would be that even if your current filter is rated at 200 cfm, it may not actually flow that.

Hopefully Ive given you a few things to consider, but overall I think you've got a pretty good handle on it man :)

[​IMG]

2. Wonderful advice. I'll do that. I've also considered running two fans in the top with two filters
    just doubling up overall. Advice?

3. Well overkill in ventilation is always a good thing LOL, since you are low on fundage at this point I would say do what we discussed first and see how it works. I guess my question at this point would be; Is this more for cooling or just better overall ventilation in the cabinet??

If for cooling I wouldnt worry so much, just look back at Irish's grow again, he's got his girls in 105 degree temps under our lights and they are doing great.

If for better air circulation, I really think you will have it pretty good with that 400 cfm blower you are gonna get. Food for thought for ya man, hope it helps :)

[​IMG]

4. I lucked out today and found a nice 400 CFM Fan and Carbon Filter on craigslist today for $100, total!

I've yet to install it since together they weight about 60lbs, but I'm consider setting it outside and "pushing" the air through the filter, as opposed to "pulling" the air through it as I am now (with my 200cfm fan/filter).

Is it a good idea to push as opposed to pull?

At any rate, it's probably too big to fit comfortably in my grow chamber, so I plan on placing the filter on the floor with the fan sitting on top of it (no ducting in between, fan directly attached to filter), and 6" ducting running from the chamber to the fan. Does that sound like a good idea?

5. Hey congrats on the nice p/u man. From what Ive read and been told by others trying to push air will in most cases SEVERELY restrict your air flow. Here is another good thread to check out on the subject Ventilation FAQ I personally would figure a way to try and draw through it if at all possible without compromising your grow area, if thats not possible then that 200cfm like you talked about yesterday in between is sounding better and better

[​IMG]

6. Clones at six days:

(Note: The two large root masses in the first picture are cucumbers that were transplanted from soil. I'm simply holding them in the cloner until my hydroponic system is operational, which will be tomorrow. Which means check back soon for an update.)

Attached Files:

7. like the setup bro. the issues seems to be from the PH being off and locking out things. one looks like lack of nitrogen. fresh air and PH is key. keep those lights high and dont use more then you need for veg, just enough to get the foot print u need and keep them high when young.

pulling the air is always more effective. fan are more effective pulling then pushing. suck threw the filter.

i am not always active on the forums but if their any questions its faster/better to hit me up on my thread or send a PM. ill try to check in when i have time to ur thread, its a nice setup bro

8. irishboy, thanks so much for checking out my journal! You're the reason I decided to go with LEDs so to me, your input is pure gold.