First perlite 100% grow burned?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PandaHookerr, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Okay so at first I had 2 150w bulbs in but my plant got fried. So I took out one (which actually fell out??) now I only have one bulb in and I went to check on them and the same thing.... My plant and perlite are FRIED :( anyone can help that would be wonderful I'm having a really bad day about this :(

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428416648.819264.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428416670.195920.jpg

chill :)

2. Please guys Id love some help

3. Wat are your temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. These are the bulbs

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428420454.158069.jpg

5. I'm not actually sure of the temp, for a 1x2 foot locker what should the temp be?

6. yeah those are not going to grow bud..

you need CFL's..

about 80 to 100 true wattage per plant, not incandescent equivalent 

7. For the moment I am just leaving the doors open, ill upload a pic of the box

8. I was going to use LEDs or cfl bulbs and I was advised not to?

9. #9 PatrickXy6dC, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    Agree with above.  Those incandescent lights are way too hot!  Please change over to CFLs as the above poster suggested.  Use the back of your hand test (you probably know- put your hand palm down over the tops of your plants and make sure it's not too hot), and keep them as close as possible to your plants.  Good luck.

Not your above post, but the one above by XxMelkorXx
    Whoever said not to use CFLs was wrong.  CFLs or HID, I don't know about those single light LEDs, but a panel is good.

10. you have three real choices for lights..

HID lights..expensive require extra things to operate, and hot 
    LED lights are expensive low heat powerful but differ in quality by manufacturer 
    CFLS are inenxpenive cool bulbs..it requires more watts but ideal for growing one or two plants..you can use them in your current fixture too..keep them close 1 to four inches away from the plant.. remember 80 to 100 true wattage per plant..not incandencent equivelent 

11. Okay thanks guys I'll swap bulbs, is there any certain temp my grow box should be at?

12. also make sure you have constant ventilation, both intake and exhaust..the intake can be passive, but need a fan to pull out the old air and recycle fresh co2 for the plants..this will keep temps from getting too high as well..also i would recommend adding peat moss to your perilte mix..make sure to water with properly PHed water since you have a soiless medium..you will need nutes as well or they will not grow.. 

13. With my lighting fixture at the top of the box what bulbs would you recommend?

14. #15 almostgrower, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    Those aren't cfls those,are incandescent lights they get way too hot cfls have the spiral
    Yu can get some from Walmart or where ever && use some thing other than straight perlite organic Jiffy mix for seed starting worked great for me, Yu can mix abit of the perlite together with the soil,
    The lights are about $10 & the dirt $5
    uploadfromtaptalk1428421154866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428421185841.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1363645-Dana's-Days-Of-Dank

15. #16 Killa Watt, Apr 7, 2015
    Are you using only perlite? It is a non absorbent rock plants will die in it unless there is some absorbent soil. A cactus can live in perlite but not mary j. hope this helps

16. Thanks but if I'm using cfls what wattage should I use seeing as my light panel is so far away?

17. #18 xXMelkorXx, Apr 7, 2015

im using a combo of 6 23 watt bulbs..and 2 40 watt bulbs..half are 2500k and the other are 6500k..check the back of the box and get both spectrums so to simulate natural sun as much as possible..one is a intense white blue light the other is an orangish color..

you want both..

also stack things underneath your plants to bring them close to your lights..as the plant gets bigger you take a book off to keep the plant from growing intot he light 

18. #19 almostgrower, Apr 7, 2015
    Yu can get a cheap reflector too if Yu can see in the background of the Jiffy pic it's like the work light reflector & since it's so far I guess Yu should try to go for a high wattage cfls. Like 150w in actual Watts not equivalent
    Daylight spectrum 6500k for veg

19. Thanks I wouldn't of thought of bringing the plants further up, I only have 4 light fixtures?