First PC stealth grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dyosik, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Hello grasscity peoples,

I'm a long time smoker but first time grower. I sort of made the mistake (probably, time will tell I guess) of buying a pc stealth box online instead of making something myself. I started growing using this thing about a week ago and thought I'd see if I could get an idea of how they are doing, and maybe have a question answered.

background:
    Soil: regular organic potters mix.
    nutes: none so far, going to wait a couple weeks, then likely 3 part advanced nutrients.
    strain: NL #5 from HGS
    lights: 4 23w 6500k cfl

the pics:
    from what I can tell they look more or less healthy, if a bit stunted (probably because the first 4 days I had 2700k in the sockets, due to an inability to read packaging apparently) although I have a slight concern about some coloration, as you can see in the one pic the center of the second leaf set is nearly florescent green, is this normal? I didn't notice it with the first set. Also, the stem and some of the veins on the leaves are rather purple, is this also normal? Also didn't notice this right off the bat.

I'm sure they're fine, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right? :D

Attached Files:

2. They look beautiful man. :D;)

3. Hey thanks very much, guess I've got a case of newbie jitters then eh? I'm going forth with the assumption I will fail miserably the first go around and learn from my mistakes. Never thought I'd be both this excited and concerned at the same time over some silly little weed. :p

4. Yeah looking good, I wouldn't be too concerned at this point, they are looking good. When you do start your nutes, start at a 1/4 str and then work your way up. Other than that, Just make sure you're monitoring your ph levels, and keep the seedlings leafs sprayed with like a mist bottle. ;) keep up the good work.

5. Yeah, guess I was over-reacting a smidgen... thanks for the reminder about the PH levels.. do those paper strip things do a reasonable job or should I get something a little more significant?

thanks again!

6. A pH tester is only like 20 bucks so I see no reason to risk it.

7. Ah I suppose that's not unreasonable.. would pay for itself eventually anyway I guess, thanks. :)

8. :wave: How about some pics of that premade grow box? You happy with it so far? How would you change it? I'm in the process of building my own. Suppose I should hurry up... I got three seedlings up with their first real leaves just poking through. :)
    Some pics of the seedlings would be nice too. Are your seeds feminized?

9. Hello Bob, thanks for the interest!!

Included are an update pic of the two from the pc case. They seem to be doing well, so very bushy, just switched to after 3 weeks veg 12/12.. I'm more or less happy with how they are doing, although I think they will still yield pretty pitifully. If you're making a stealth box do it like the other pic I included.. able to handle 8 plants.. lots of light, a few feet tall etc. Also, for the pc box keep an eye on your temps, the box I bought didnt have the exhaust fans right at the top which makes it too warm at times.

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5052.jpg