First PC Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 420LowKey, Oct 14, 2013.

1. #1 420LowKey, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    Hey everyone I'm new here!! anyways i woke up again at 5am and couldnt go back to sleep, so i smoked a bowl and decided to post my grow that i am about to get started. i have grown once successfully before and it was some pretty good shit i made a lot of mistakes that i have learned of and done more research on so now attempting to do a micro grow until i get a big space to grow in, so i might be doing more micro grows before that. I'm going to be posting regularly ... ill try to be more involved in this awesome community! :smoking:
    ok so some info on my grow and we can get to some pictures!

ill be using some bag seed i found from one of my pickups (im pretty sure he grows it himself) it is a nice black seed the strain it was from was headband according to him but we will call it bag seed.

The soil im getting and using threw the whole grow will be ffof 
    what do you guys think will this be worth it or would there be something better to use in my situation 

my PH ill try to keep between 5.9-6.5 ill be buying a ph test soon 

i have a mid tower pc it's really small the dimensions are some thing like this W:6.5in H17in L:13.5in

im going to veg for one week and put it in flower because i do not have to much space

im not using any nutes in veg but ill be picking up ff tiger bloom for flowering later 

im vegging under 3 23 watt cfls for one week 2 of them are 5500k and on is 2700k after a week ill make it 2 2700k and 1 5500k and later on in flowering when i start to see the sex im going to buy one of those bigger cfls 140w or something like that the long ones and just have that one going but for now this is all i got.
    hopefully i make sense im high as shit right now :hello:

IMG_1349.JPG IMG_1350.JPG IMG_1352.JPG IMG_1351.JPG IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1356.JPG

does anyone know if this is right, i still have my psu from the the computer i just cut it up and stripped all the the wires that i think i need i already have my fan working i just need to make everything permanent anyways, in the psu i have a green wire that ground it connected to the case of the psu so ll just leave it there i guess and than i have a blue and a brown wire... im pretty sure is brown is hot right? i want to attach my power strip to the psu so i can use the original cable to power my lights and ill plug my fans there too.
    IMG_1367.JPG IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG IMG_1374.JPG IMG_1379.JPG IMG_1382.jpg IMG_1383.JPG IMG_1384.jpg

ok here is the finished product
    IMG_1399.JPG

here are some temps im running on all night tonight to see whats good IMG_1400.jpg

and there it is almost ready to be used tomorrow ill be fixing all the light leaks to make more stealth 
    IMG_1402.JPG

ok so hopefully me seed i put to germ pops soon and i can get it started!

peace out for tonight :metal:  :gc_rocks: ... im gonna go get high :bongin:

Attached Files:

2. I've never done a micro grow so this is all new to me and I can't give any advice.  But I'll watch with interest.

3. @[member="OldPothead"] thanks for stopping by ive never done one either so ill be learning too.

4. Same here! Subbed.

5. Scrog...inside a PC case?....

:bongin:

6. @thebeez84 yes!! most deffinatly scrog and lst ill be posting pictures of the final grow case in an hour or two when i get home.

7. This I got to see!  :)

8. :metal:  :yay: Go for it! lets do this!

9. #9 420LowKey, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    DAY 1: (seedling)
    ok so im back and 2 days ago my seed popped.. in like 36 hours and then next day which is today i out it in some soil i have left off from an outdoor mix thats in my garden so ill start it off in that. the cup had been in the box for about an hour now and under an 18/6 light schedule. ill see how it grows and that will help me determine when ill start ti flower it but most likley ill start to flower end of october maybe later it depends. ill be going to the store this weekend and hopefully get the ffof soil maybe the ff trio nutes and a ph up and down also a ph test kit... (havent had time yet :cry:  ) the temperature doesnt go under 69 but it gets up to 86 right next to the light i have an exhaust fan going and an intake  the air flow seems to be good but heat is going to be hard to manage i might stack the exhaust fan.. not sure yet. im trying to keep this relatively cheap and simple and using a very minimum amount of space but giving the plant max attention :smoking:  ok so here are the first pictures :

IMG_1414.JPG

in this picture i used garbage bag and cut it to fit to light proof the sides.
    IMG_1415.JPG

allright well thats it for now ill try to post at least once a day and update with some pictures! let me know what you guys think. :smoke:

10. Thumbnails would be better than links for your pictures.

11. #11 420LowKey, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    help me out lol

EDIT:
    never mind i tweaked.. haha i got it.

12. Next to the "POST" is a box with "MORE REPLY OPTIONS".   Click on that and at the bottom of the page that comes up there is a paper clip icon.  Below that is a box "CHOOSE FILES"  Click on that and it will take you to your options for finding the one you want in your computer. 

13. Hey, I have a very similar setup, I'm combining LST and  ScrOG on a revegged plant.  I'm convinced this style of growing is entirely sustainable if you train your plant properly.  I pulled 44g out of this case on the first harvest, and I hope to be getting even more around new years day, all with the same plant.  Cannabis gives back all you give to it and more, practice patience and loving-kindness and it will transform you in time.

Week 8 (1 of 1).jpg

14. #14 420LowKey, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    Day 3(veg): yesterday
    ok so i was worried it wasnt going to sprout :eek:  but that was just me being impatient  :smoking: so yesterday it did sprout which is the third day since i put the germinated seed in the soil under an 18/6 light schedule. im going to start since today is day 4 ill post newer pictures once the lights turn back on an update with a day 4 im just doing a picture for every day atleast so here are some pictures 

yesterday noon
    IMG_1425.JPG

ok so here are my temps and rh i thing that in the case since the thermometer is so close to the light and since its in a black housing i think that the thermometer is heating up and being very inaccurate because it not to hot in there i have an exhaust fan by the lights and a intake in the middle on the other side so air flow is very good. does anyone have any experience with that acu-rite thermometer? and do you guys think that that im right about my problem? (sometimes it me that the high was 95!! and when i open it shows that its like 85 or 81 it fluctuates a lot.)
    IMG_1426.jpg

ill be posting day 4 updates later today  :yummy:

15. #15 420LowKey, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    i found a very interesting post that made me very interested in this and i completely agree with you that in a small space if everything is done correct and with care that these beautiful plants can be very giving. heres the post that i stumbled upon its just crazy let me know if you seen this before.
    here are his pictures these are not mine 
    also @[member="sartrewasright"] what size containers did you use??
    and how long did you veg your plants??
    here is the link  :hippie:
    http://www.rollitup.org/indoor-growing/399652-two-23w-cfls-43g-yield.html
    420.jpg
    DSC_5987-01.jpg
    DSC_5990-01.jpg

16. Day 4:(veg)
    so it getting a little bigger  :hello:  cant wait for her to grow up  :smoke:  :love:
    those little little leaves  :)
    IMG_1427.JPG

so the baby is like maybe 2 inches maybe less away from the light what do you guys think is this ok?
    IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.jpg

let me know what you guys think

17. If you can, gently unstick the cotyledons. They should of spread their wings by now.

18. ill see what happens by tomorrow.. ill let nature spread its wings  :smoking:

19. So im back for update time!! 
    Day5(veg):
    so the first set of leaves should have been our by now but one of the cotyledons has fallen down yet so on leafe is kind of stuck but ill give it a couple more days. heres some pictures  :bongin: 
    IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG

Day6 (veg):
    so the leaf is getting bigger but still the other one is still stuck but it getting somewhere what o you gyts think it seems pretty funky.
    IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1460.JPG

20. #20 washedmothafuka, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    Just gently pull it apart lol I've had to do it a couple times as well

To imbed photos directly upload them to GC or photobucket then right click on the photo and click copy image location. Then come in here and click on the image with the plus sign next to it. Paste the URL into there and bam, full sized images. Make sure you re-size them accordingly.

Edit: If the cotyledons are grown together like mutated then I wouldn't try and unstick them but if you can see two distinct leaves then go for it.