first paycheck

Discussion in 'General' started by joshvarnell, Oct 10, 2012.

1. I'm getting my first pay check this week
    What should I get other than weed and weed accessories
    I'm going to pre order assassins creed 3
    What are some cool things I should get

2. Put some money in a savings account

3. Beat me to it. ^

4. Bioshock infinite or far cry 3

5. just cause you have money doesn't mean you need to spend it. if you're asking what to do with your money, i assume you don't have many bills. so take advantage of that now while you can and try to put a good chunk of your earnings into a savings account. you'll be seriously thanking yourself later if you do.

6. * a hot tub

7. buy even more weed. also bioshock infinite as previous poster said

8. Buy some propane accessories

Attached Files:

9. I relize I need to save but its my first paycheck I'm blowing it all
    I don't play games much so assassins creed 3 will be able to keep me entertained for a month or two

10. Buy dishonored while waiting for BS 3
    And some boro, it's worth it.

11. seriously, I will normally put away a good portion of my check into savings every week.

Edit: Or start investing in a set of subwoofers 8D

12. #12 stenod, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
    this is how I used to think, then I adopted the mentality of "how little of this can I spend before my NEXT paycheck." Is much better, need to have money saved in case of an emergency, like car breaks down or something. But hell if you just got a job and been broke for a while I understand you probably want to splurge.

edit:
    To all the people advising to put the money in a savings account, it's really not that great an idea. A savings account will gain interest slower than the actual value of the money is deflating. So I recommend yes saving your money but once you got about $2k or so invest it into something that's going to actually put that money to work. I recommend gold.

13. I already know how to save money but I'm blowing the first paycheck then once I get my second paycheck I start throughing a hundred every paycheck into the rainy day fund

I just want to get some dope shit out of the first pay check

I wouldint even have that much this paycheck my work holds a week back

14. And I'm not outing any of it in a savings account I'm not depending on a bank to keep my money safe

15. good choice

16. Pre order Call Of Duty Black Ops II.

If your into first person shooters / zombies. 8 players now.
    Resident Evil 6 is out.

17. Or.. Hear me out on this, you can just send me your paycheck.

18. Im Only getting assassins creed 3 I play video games for like Mabey 3 hours a week so assassins creed 3 will last me a month or so

19. [quote name='"KidLalo"']Or.. Hear me out on this, you can just send me your paycheck.[/quote]

I think you might be on to something here