First outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Marijuana Growing' started by mbcoder, Jan 27, 2009.

1. So we're going to attempt growing this spring outdoors. We live in central ca and here's our plan. Please critique.

Germination via paper towel, then planted in little pots till the sprout 2 - 6 leaves

Then we're gunna move them outside and plant them in the dirt, not pots. (Miracle grow?)

Our understanding is that watering every day might "drown" the plant so we're thinking half litre a day for each plant.

They're gunna be planted all over but most will be in a forest like enviroment near natural water.

Then we're just gunna let em grow...any reason why this shouldn't all work? All information is welcome.

2. NEVER miracle grow.the organic may be alright. watering well its a weed weeds dont need alot of water. youll want a sativa strain, they grow deep root systems and will thrive outdoors. at least 5-6 hours direct sunlight. makes sure the soil in the forest is good and you may wanna loosen it up a bit.and well you should read alot if you havent already and use the search bar for any questions or google. search cannabis grow bible someone put it on the site and its got everything you need in it. happy growing!

3. a half liter (about a pint) is not nearly enough water. Much better IMO to water deeply (a gallon or more) once/twice a week than to piddle on it every day.

4. I have yet to grow outdoors, but will attempt my first go at it this spring, I'd go search for OldPork's outdoor grow he did last year and try to find the compliation that Corto Malteze put up, it has a great day by day progression of how he got his plants to be absolutely beautiful. I'd say go all organic when growing outdoors. Condition your soil now rather than later so that it gets some good nutrients and some worms crawling around in it and you're plants will thank you later by growing to monsters.

The better you prep your grow the better it will go, plan plan plan, then execute and everything will work out smoothly. My shopping list is the following if you're looking for a good starter kit for what you'll be looking to get:

Ph Meter ($10-20), test the soil, should be between 6.5-6.8 <--check those numbers in others posts =D

Fish Emulsion (5-5-1) used during veg to add some much needed nutes

Super Tea (mix of bat and seabird guano 5-5-1) also use during veg for nutes

Budswel (0-7-0) great for the flowering period

Organic Potting Soil - many come with a lot of great mixtures, look for ones that contain peat moss, worm castings and other goodies

Molasses (unsulphured) used during the last 3 weeks of flowering to add some great nutes and give your buds a smooth taste

Superthrive - use this every once in awhile to add some great trace elements to your soil

Epsom salt - helps to keep the Magnesium trace elements in your soil, used about twice during your cycle

Earthworm castings - best if you have a compost pile and can get them yourself, but if you are going to buy them in the store I'd try to find Black Gold Earthworm Castings, you will use this to condition your soil and as a mix before transplanting them into the ground as well as for teas to keep your plants happy and healthy

Bone meal - use this during the flowering stage as a topper to your soil and to mix with your pre-conditioned soil

Blood meal - use this during the veg stage as a topper to your soil and to mix with your pre-conditioned soil

Greensand (0-0-3) this will help you keep your Ph levels consistent and works well during flowering to add some nutes

Epsoma's Garden Tone (6-6-4) great soil conditioner and good to sprinkle some in when transplanting for added nutes

Copper rings to put around your stems if you have slugs in your area as well as some aluminum foil tape to put around the stems as well to stop slugs and other insects

Fishing line - thread this around your plants to stop critters from chomping your babies

Moth balls - putting a 1/2 cup hidden around your plants will stop some moths and other critters from chomping them

Promix - this is a great blend to help your seedlings get a good start and is great for pre-conditioning your soil as well

Wooden stakes - use tweed or yarn to tie your plants to this to help them not split down the center when there is high wind or storms

If you have other animals that may go near your plants, deer, racoons, squirrels, you can urinate around your plants and put animal blood around your plot to keep them out as well as peppercorn or use chicken wire if you feel it's going to be a big problem.

Some people use a mix of garlic and water to mist their plants to act as an organic bug repellent as well. Play it by ear, keep an eye on what animals are going to be near your plots and then adjust accordingly.

If you are in an area where mold may be an issue adding 10% milk to some water to mist over your plants will help to get rid of this.

Don't overwater your plants, put your finger 2 inches into the soil before watering to feel if it is still wet, if it is then you should wait a little while longer before watering. Don't overnute your plants and burn them, start out with 1/4 of the recommended dosage for your plants and see how they react before going full strength with dosing them with nutes.

I basically just typed out like 90% of what I've read on this forum, if you follow others advice and learn from what they've done you will have a successful grow, and as Corto puts it TELL NO ONE.

Good luck!!

5. #5 Corto Malteze, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
    Nice!

Organic potting soil is rich in ferts so don't add anything to a good one like FFOF.

Peat does not feed your plant. It airs out the soil and retains water. Use 50 Peat (or 50 Promix which contains vermic, perlite and mycorhyzza) 50 local soil if it's not clay soil. Promix dosen't feed your plant a lot.

In prep hole, only place 1/2 shovel manures and meals with a little peat or promix. Don't use FFOF with this type of set up.

FFOF or any rich potting soil is used from the bag but on bigger plants (2ft), and mixed with some perlite (20).

When planiting, add the peat, maybe some compost for micorrhyza, the fish, worm castings, the plant (don't forget that one), and the mulch. Water.

Peat is acidic but does not burn plants.

Molasses are used in flowering a few times. Just finish with only molasses (K).

Moth balls are against animals I think (not moths ?).

Espoma is used as a slow release organic fert. So without the manures in the hole or the teas. Don't go nute crazy! Water , some decent dirt and sun will be better than over feeding them (burn/death) and locking their nutrient intake.

6. What's up with all this we and our shit? Just kidding seriously hope you trust them like family. You will hear everyone repeat over and over don't trust,tell, or involve anyone. You got some good advice so far. Hide them well.

7. Yeah partners are sketchy, ask Ksimms. I wanted help this year, so I bought a donkey. Seriously

Grasscity Deals Near You