First outdoor grow!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by papaloafofbread, Apr 9, 2018.

1. After 5 years of living in the city I have a sunny backyard to grow in. looking to grow 2 plants in maybe 20 gallon bags. Anyone have a good soil recipe for soil and nutrients for feeding? I've read a lot about soil and can't find legit measurements. do I feed nutrients with every water or is the soil and water good enough? Help me out!!

2. Start with basic square foot garden soil recipe.
    1 part compost
    1 part perlite
    1 part coco or sphagnum peat moss

Add any and all amendments you can afford.
    Worm castings, rock dust and alfalfa meal being very good for starters.
    Add some microbial inoculant and food to jumpstart the microbes (molasses)
    Actual amounts of the amendments are not precise because recipies vary wildly and most if not all are very effective for growing cannabis.
    I usually add 4 cups worm castings, 2 cups rock dust and 6 cups alfalfa meal to every 6 cubic feet of soil I'm mixing
    1/4 cup of microbes mixed in and wet it down with water/ molasses. 1 tablespoon to 1 gallon of water.
    Cover it and let it sit for a month.
    Soil done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey Mr Fooey,
    How are you doing? I trust that you had a great yield last season.

4. Word to you and your peeps Mahmo!
    Did ok last year
    1 plant gave me 2 pounds but 2 kids moved back in and it's all up in smoke now.
    I'm doing 4 this year in 110 gallon beds.
    I'm hoping it lasts me longer than 4 months. Also got sorta sponsored by the hydro shop I work at and Tappin Roots so my nutrient game is going way up this year too.:weed:

• Like Like x 1

5. Awesome thanks man, and you water with nutrients on top that too?

6. No nutrients for first 30 days.
    I've done entire grows with only that soil, water and a little boost of molasses once a month.
    Twice a month in flower.
    Takes a little planning to pull it off with a decent yeild.