First Outdoor Grow week 14

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 4n20aus, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Hey guys, so this is my first ever grow, Always wanted to grow and this year it’s finally all coming together nicely, so I thought I’d put a bit of a progress report up. Will attach some pictures.

I Started from seed, I purchased 3 strains (dinafem blue dream, G13 Labs OG Cinnamon Swirl, and also G13 purple kush) unfortunately as they were sprouting I lost one. For germination I kept the seeds in a glass of water in the corner of my room for 2 days, followed by keeping them in wet paper towel for another 3 days.

Following this I moved the seeds straight outside, I would have liked to keep them under lights for a little while but unfortunately this was not possible. I put them into pots with just regular potting mix and fed them water only every 3 days for the first 2 weeks.

In week 3 I started to introduce my nutrients. I’m using the general hydroponics grow,micro,bloom and also using some armorsi silica. Feeding the plants every 3 days still, 2 days nutrients 1 day plain water.
    more recently last week I moved the plants into what I hope to be their final pots, which I think are something like 5gal.

That’s where I’m up to for now, as you can see in below pics I’m starting to notice what seems to be bite marks in one of my plants, this is something I’m not that knowledgeable about so if anyone could identify/help me out with what I should be doing next that would be great.

thanks for reading will post some update pics in the future. IMG_0588.JPG [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Your soil looks very questionable. Poor aeration and or drainage are unhealthy for plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You should always fill the containers all the way up. Why have 5 gallons of space and only give your roots 3 and a half?
    Bigger roots means bigger plants.
    Are you northern or southern hemisphere?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Now is a good time to fill up. It will help with the stretchiness and give you a larger root platform.

5. Do you have a cat? almost looks like an animal is playing with your leaf everything else looks great. schedule your watering by the weight of the pot

6. Hey MrFooey, thanks for your reply. will definitely get on to that, unfortunately I’m in super stealth mode where they are growing so I take as little as I can down. In the southern hemisphere. Thanks again

7. Hey Soilgrower, thanks for the reply. I don’t have a cat, but where they are they could definitely be accessed by stray cats... might have to look up some cat deterrents. thanks again !

8. Fu*kin cats, they love it as much as me IMG-20180923-WA0004.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 Skip I am, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    I agree, I made this same mistake very early on and it wasn't until just before flower that I needed to pot up because of the plant showing root bound symptoms. Fixing it now could save you head ache in the end my plant was kinda large when I had to make the fix.

10. Yes ur medium needs areiation. Roots are suffocating in the soil

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk