First Outdoor Grow: Seeds Question...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WeedIsland, Nov 22, 2012.

1. I couldnt see your link there weed, but let me give you some basics.

The 8-14 wks is called the "flowering time". It indicates the length of time it takes the flowers on the plant to mature once the plant has been set into flower.

Hybrid cannabis is photoperiod sensitive. It begins to flower at about 14 hours of daylenth. Once that daylenth has been reached, the plant begins to flower and will continue for the period suggested by the breeder..

For example: I live at 38 n lattitude. 14 hrs of daylentgh for me arrives mid july and by aug 1, i see flowers starting to form. Im growing a strain that has a 8 wk flowering period so that means i should be ready to harvest by the oct !

Your lattitude is very important when considering strain selection. If you choose a 14 wk strain and the plants start to flower at your latttitude around Aug 1, then they would be ready to pick around the first of November. Most of us cant grow that late due to weather.

Im at 38norht. I cant grow any strain beyond an 8 wk strain and it be fully ripened before frost and cold set in. In KY, i have to harvest by Oct 15- 20 because of weather. If i were to attempt to grow a 14wk strain here, i wouldnt have any pot to smoke this winter.