First outdoor grow...male or female help?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ayden420, Jul 2, 2011.

1. This is my first outdoor grow, let alone any grow. I've been getting alot of confusing help and some people say they look male and others say female. On one of my plants i see one little brown hair next to what looks to me as a pistol. If anyone can help that would be great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I don't see a dam thing. Just keep goin, i guess.

3. Here are some clearer pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. You need a clearer picture.

5. I wish i could take one but unfortunately im not able to. I have to take the pics off of a crappy phone :/

6. Just back the phone up a bit, the outer branches look cleaner than the part you are trying to photograph on that last pic.

7. #7 gdonald2007, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
    i'd say it definately is looking female, anything that don't grow hairs is a bad sign.
    Did u find some pics? The males will grow a group of pods that look like grapes and don't have any hairs, just thought id throw that in.

8. those pics are out of focus but I see nothing male. At this early stage of preflower or flower on males you're looking for a stem (looks female) next to a little ball that'll shrivel aftr preflower (misleading you in thinking it's female again). I cut the males out at that stage when I can. But that one ain't flowering yet. It takes 2 or 3 weeks for the male pollen sacks to form and open. Check in beginner's section there's link with the pics in close and you can compare.

9. 100 bones says its female

10. looks like u have gd chance at it bn a female from what i can see

11. its a girl says doctor grass man420

12. so was it male or female?

13. Those hairs grow on both male and female plants. Everyone in here saying that it is a female is just shooting shit guessing that those "stipules" are pistils. When in fact the pistil will form between the branch and the stem. I don't really know what there purpose is. But keep looking, you will see a oval calyx with a little white hair poke out.

14. thats what it is and im thinking that everyone in here that is looking at and has said it is female has seen it too. and its a brown hair poking out of mine.

15. A brown hair? They are supposed to turn brown at the end of flowering. Your plant probably thought it was time to flower and then realized it could still veg longer. I'm sure your plant will bud just fine.