First Outdoor Grow Help Needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dopest Dope, Jul 26, 2010.

1. #1 Dopest Dope, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    I only have one plant and its about 3 months old. No ferts have been used on this grow yet.. I got it from a friend. The leaves were droopy after one day of not watering i'm wondering if this is a problem with the soil? Im also thinking its time to transfer to a bigger pot is it needed?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You should probably transplant, but what kind of soil is that? Is there a lot of sand? That might be why you have to water often..

3. Its not too high of quality soil. Its from a local farm.. no sand in it though. If I transplant into different soil will that stress out the plant? Also what time of the day would you recommend the transplant?

4. I just transplanted a outdoor girl(2months old at the time) into a 5gal bucket, i cut off the bottom of the bucket and put it in a Tubawear with MG Soil x MG bLOOmbooster x MG All purpose plant food, So she could recover& she has recovered awesome! If u try 2 transplant that plant ill put about 80% it will die, maybe even 90%! Because of the size of the plant i would think the roots have touched bottom!! making it IMPOSSIBLE for a Succesfull Transplant! Just my opinion, a pro will prolly pst on here and give you correct info, but im not far offf, Goodluck:smoking:

5. I'd stick to the same kinda soil if u can because it could cause transplant shock

6. I transplant all the time and would definitely recommend you do so for your plant. It's no big deal, just make sure you drench it with water after transplanting.

7. Seaweed extracts properly applied will completely diminish any 'transplant shock' issues.

That's a fact.

LD

8. mado, ur a grower, he or she is a beginner, and the first grow ever did! Transplanting would be a fucking Destroyer of Worlds for that girl if she got shock with a wrong transplanting stradegy, i woudl say fill a huge tubawear up with nice soil x fertilizer and cut thebottom of that off, so the roots can reach deeper and grow stronger/taller!! Goodluck

9. There's no secret to transplanting. The only strategy is having the new grow medium ready to receive the plant. Turn it upside down holding one hand flat with the stem between the forefingers to support the plant and use the other hand to remove the container (tapping or banging on it if necessary), reverse the plant and place the root ball in the new grow medium. Fill in with grow medium and drench with water. If you're still unsure, there are transplanting guides all over Google.

Nurseries sell most of their stock in containers that have to be transplanted, mostly by homeowners with very little gardening experience.

Anyone who is serious about growing should learn how to transplant as it becomes a very regular procedure.

10. #10 Dopest Dope, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
    Thanks for the input! Im pretty sure Im going to try to transplant... the sooner the better right? I was going to pick up some different soil for the transplant and was wondering if this stuff would be ok.. its organic? I would plant in ground but the weather hasnt been the best and im afraid of a storm killing it. Also would you guys recommend me getting ferts for flowering and apply them until close to harvest? Will my plant show improvement from it? And I wanted to train it too but I was wondering if it was too late. I was thinking just planting it at a 45 degree angle because I dont want too much stress on the plant.

[​IMG]

11. A lot of people are nervous about making big changes to their plants enviroment like a transplant. Don't hype it up in your head, it'll make you nervous and no one needs shaky hands during a transplant. Idk much about organic soils. However, I did have a friend who claimed he used organic soil and it contained bugs which destroyed the root system of his baby

12. i cant tell exactly what type of pot thats in, but if its clay or ceramic i would recommend just breaking it apart with a hammer (gently)

13. I am pretty certain I could perform a transplant quite easily seeing as I have another set of hands. I have a bucket around 6-8 gallons not quite sure and could get the native soil I am using now or purchase the soil above. Im also wondering how long I should wait after transplant to fertalize. Thank youu

14. Any objections to repotting with that organic soil? Im about to go pick it up because I want the transplant done as soon as possible because the roots need somewhere to go

15. Was noticing some holes in the leaves and some grass hoppers were jumpin on the plant along with a lady bug. Could this be the reason? What can I do? I dont use any fertalizers.. but would like to start. Can I start this plant thats never been fertalized on flowering nutes?

Attached Files:

16. The soil you want to buy is perfect, the dude's friend with the dead plant just got unlucky. Maybe consider looking at the soil before using it.

Anyways, I don't know if you transplanted yet, but you should do that before flowering starts. It doesn't look like your plant even wants to flower yet so bloom nutes should be held off till later.

To use nutes on MJ just use half the recommended dose on the box, and 2 weeks from when your going to harvest get rid of all chemicals and other things so that the taste of your bud is nice and pure with no chemical taste. You can even look up adding sugar water and molasses to sweeten the flavor and add microlife.

Good luck man.

17. If u didnt already transplant it, my suggestion would be to transplant into a little bigger pot with a layer of soil premixed at the bottom and watered and set the plant on top and shuld be a 3/4 inch gap around the outside of the soil and water it will fill that gap in a week or 2. technique is known as air layering if i recall. good luck

18. I would suggest not to transplant since its your first plant your friend just gave you, it will probably die of shock..After 3 months veg. it shouldn't get any bigger I would just leave it in the pot and move to a 12/12.

19. Well I actually went threw with the transplant a little while ago. All was going good until the bottom leaves turned yellow.. couldve been a water issue I guess? Got some flowerrs though. Heres the update

Attached Files:

20. I disagree.

transplant into a larger pot or into the ground and use the best quality potting mix or soil you can get. a nice mix of peat and compost would be great.