First New Car

Discussion in 'General' started by rasta pasta, Jun 19, 2013.

1. #21 Cody227, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
    You really think a camry hybrid is better than a passat tdi? Toyotas are too soft. So much suspension give no matter what. Evertime i step on the gas im thrown into the seat, when i brake i get thrown forward and when i turn i almost fall out of the seat. And im a good driver, a sensible one anyways. Not always sporty. Its just unsafe to move the much. And when you do want to have fun, you cant cause its not made for it. Sometimes its reasonable to have some fun in a turn. And like i said, theres a reason we stick to our german cars. Vw, audi and bmw are far better engineered than any other out there. Vw is also very financially stable, owning porsche, audi, bugatti, bentley, skota, seat and more which means part availability and expense will be hassle free. They have thd money to make a good car for cheap. American companies in debt clearly have to make cheap cars at more cost to balance the debt. Toyota does good money wise, but mainly because of the prius..which is an absolutely horrible car. Never buy american, thats for sure.

2. Damn!!! I'm gonna have take a look at all their cars, and sweet cheaper cost and getting the most out of a manual sounds good to me, my only concern is my dad is telling me I'll get real tired of the clutch like in traffic and maybe just in general but you have to get use to it somewhat after a certain amount of time right? Even if not I guess its the price you pay for efficiency

"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

exactly what i'm talking about. it's that smug attitude that drives me mad

4. Youll get used to a clutch. Thats pretty easy in a new car, theyre smooth, same with the gears. Its a bit more hassle in traffic but soo worth it everywhere else. And yeah we are smug. But at least driving is an enjoyable experience to me rather than a commute from point a to point b. I drive a good 20% of my day and it better be pleasant. No offense to people that dont care. Its a personal choice. I just would never settle for anything else.

5. You're a salesmans best friend. Don't buy something because of what someone else says. Research thoroughly i mean go get on VWvortex and start researching. For any make or model hit the forums for what you're looking for as it will have knowledgeable people who know about the specific car you're looking for.

As far as finding what you like only way to find out is to test drive. Find out what features you like and what you don't. Every car is a different experience that's why i've owned 9 in 5 years. Best way to find out is to try it out. Remember that.

6. Ya I feel ya :/ you have a point. I was just looking for some suggestions because I've already heard from multiple people including my neighbor who is not a car dealer but just owns a VW that they tend to not let people down. But ya your right, the only real way to know is to test drive them, I'm just thinking VW is a good place to start

"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

7. VW can be wonderful. So you're not wrong there. Just go out and drive one :)