First Micro Grow - Need Help

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by whatamigonnado, Mar 15, 2014.

1. I am attempting my first ever grow using a 3 ft stealth grow box with CFLs. Ordered seeds from bonza and they gave an extra Samsara Auto Flash Babylon, so I decided to start off with that to test the waters.

Needless to say, it doesn't seem to be going so well, as the seedling is 2 weeks in and barely growing. I read that using a mixture of light (2700/6500k) would work best on auto flash seeds, particularly this strain. The company I bought the box from only sent 2700k and 5000k lamps, so I have been using 1 2700k (left light) and 2 5000k lamps (middle and right light). I keep the temperature around 70 degrees, but it varies from 65 to 75 degrees, using a 20/4 light schedule for the first week and 18/6 the last 7 days (had to try something, I was worried).

Everything started out great, but then around day 4 it stunted growth. I did not add any nuts until recently, when I gave it dose of 24-6-6. The leaves were droopy and clawy with a hint of yellow. Now they burned on the tips yellow and the tops leaves are a lighter green with yellow tint.

We water it lightly every other day, recently more than usual as I was worried we were under watering it, or not in the direction of the roots. We were also concerned about air getting to the roots, so we poked some small holes into the soil too. Just at a total loss here, please help!

Attached Files:

2. what are you using for soil?

and no nutes when its that small its far too young for that much nitrogen

i will gladly help you any way i can =]

3. Yes, no nutes yet. And I would put the 2700k in the middle of the 5000k. Just a preference. As for the stunted growth.. how did you pop the seed? Just put it in the pot or? I cannot express the success rate with jiffy pods. 3bucks for 25 pods. You can keep the sprout in it until it has a few blades going, than just put it in a pot. Hopefully the next set of leaves are darker green if not than its looking like a mix of nute burn and/or nitrogen deficiency. Wait a couple days, if the soil is still damp, no need to water. Poke your finger an inch in the soil. If its damp, no need to water. Good luck.

Sent from my N800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app