First Medical Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MilkyRips, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Just started my first grow. Its Big Bang (feminized), 8 days old (from planting, not germination). Using passive intake with a PC fan and four 26w 6500k CFLs. Ill try to keep this journal up to date. Let me know what you think! :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. looks great.

:]

i would even add a couple more cfls once it gets a little bigger.

3. #3 Dtrickler, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
    Lookin good man i like the Dew reflectors!

on a side note u may wanna throw 1 2700k cfl in to give it a better light spectrum.

edit - also make sure to have a fan moving air around the plant to make your stem stronger -edit

4. haha gotta love the ghetto can reflectors. and yeah i was thinking about adding another fan to keep air flowin and also keep the box cool

5. You might want to get some 42w CFLs when it matures more. They give off a significantly more amount of lumens (1000+) that your plant will soak right up ;)

6. i will if i have the chance to get some but when i went to walmart to get all my grow supplies i couldnt find any higher watt veg CFLS than the 26 watts, i do have extras though so ill probably add one or two more when i have the time

7. Go to home depot or lowe's, they usually carry larger bulbs.

8. I've seen higher wattage CFL's at kroger, but they're only 2700k.. no daylight

9. looking good but beer can reflectors are better, cant wait to see them grow

10. whats the difference between soda and beer can reflectors? and yeah me too, they seem to be growing really fast, every day i get up and theyve grown significantly since the day before

11. i would rather look at a labatts can

12. day 10 update: i added tin foil (the dim side, not the shiny side) around the base to help get light all around, and as you can tell shes grown a bit more since day 8

Attached Files:

13. why wouldnt you use the shiny side, more reflection

14. #14 MrMatrix, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
    Take the tin foil out of there asap. It will only cause problems in the long run. Tin foil tends to create hot spots and will burn holes right through your plant. Its reflectivity isn't that great either.

You'd be better off trying to get the bulbs more directly over the plant that off to the side if you wanted some extra light hitting it.

15. i never got any burnt holes in my plants when using tin foil

16. ive heard that the shiny side causes hot spots

17. day 11 update: took the tin foil out to be safe, still growing fine

Attached Files:

18. day 13 update

Attached Files:

19. foil over the entire pot like that will also seal off the soil and create excess humidity around the roots and base of the stem. which can lead to rotting. so its best you leave it out. also, MORE COWBELL!!!

p.s cowbell = light.