First Marijuana Growing Class Opens in Michigan

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Boston (DbTechNo) - A new medical marijuana class has been launched in Detroit, Michigan for those interested in learning all about the drug.

The class is the brainchild of 24 year old Nick Tennant, and is the first such class in the state.
    It costs $485 and one can pretty much guarantee that financial aid for it will not be an option.

In the class, students will learn all about medical marijuana, its uses, and how to grow it.
    Tennant will be basing his instruction off of the book entitled Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower’s Bible, written by Jorge Cervantes.

Medicinal marijuana use is legal in Michigan, thus Tennant believes that his class could eventually generate jobs.

“This state needs jobs, and we think medical marijuana can stimulate the state economy with hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars,” Tennant stated.

[​IMG]

2. soooo. this guys trying to make money of the stuff he read in someone elses book by telling them what he read.... :confused: for $400... or they could just rent/buy the book or look online...
    Sign me up for a class!!! :hello:

3. That price really kills me. How long is the course? I hope it's a few weeks at least for that price.

4. hehe. he should have made it $420..... thats a good question though. it deffinatley depends on how long it is. I still dont think it will ever be worth it since you can get ALL of that info for free on the internet. Even on youtube. It would be just like this class theres a guy sitting there telling you what to do.

5. Far from the first but a good venture..

6. yeah, i lived in east lansing last year and heard advertisements for mmj classes in like april...

7. Technically ANY information you can get at school is on the internet

8. Damn im glad im from michigan!

9. If you go by that logic, why does anyone pay to go to college? Tuition is expensive, and you're only paying the professors to teach you what you can learn in your books...:p:smoke:

10. lol

what a ripoff.
    who is retarded enough to pay someone almost half a grand to learn how to grow a plant...
    especially if the instructions are very clearly detailed in the book he's conning the info from.
    aahh, the american way; taking advantage of the stupid :hello:

11. I don't agree with this. When medical marijuana actually becomes HUGE (legalized in more than 13 states or whatever) I think growers are going to have to have some actual hands-on experience when they have to qualify to grow of whetever, and wouldn't one of these classes be the best way to do it? (As opposed to, hey man I grow this shit real dank cuz of the internet! yo trust me man!)

See?:)

12. I'm just saying the knowledge/information is there whether you pay out the ass for someone to teach it to you or not. If someone wants to learns about something these days it isn't hard to go look up and inform themselves. I'm more qualified than most people coming out of graphic design school,I taught myself everything I know myself. So why would I go pay someone a fortune to teach me something that I started teaching myself when I was 14....

Seems like people only see school as a way to make a career. Yes,it is a great way to make a stable career,but what happened to learning something to better yourself?

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

13. I guess I am one of those retards that would pay for this class. I guess I am retarded for wanting to be a certified grower, just like I was retarded to get my A+ and Network+ certification even though I pretty much taught the teachers. :rolleyes:

14. theres definitely a difference in person though

15. This class isnt just a guy standing in front of you reading the book. Its hands on, and allows you to learn the most you can from the medical marijuana community. Oaksterdam does pretty well and I never hear people saying that they can learn everything from the internet or books

16. Hi all you medical growers,

Would anybody have a telefone number or e/mail for Nick Tennant? I have been wanting to call or e/mail him, but I do not have contact information for him.

17. I just read through all the posts. Universities, colleges, schools, etc. have been around for a many years. They are still here and many students attend. Students graduate and know more than when they started.

18. Great stuff for those people, just saying the information is up for grabs at this point. If you want to learn about something you can. No more excuses