First led grow 2 x 450w viparspectra

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by herna236, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Hey everybody,

Just moved back to michigan and got my med card. This is my first time with leds (I've grown with a 600w hps). I have 2 450w viparspectra (200w or so actual draw) in a 5x5 tent. 6 inch exhaust fan, small intake, two oscillating fans, air filter. I have 6 plants in 707 soil in 7 smart pots. I think I vegged for 2.5 months can't really remeber. They came from some seeds I've been saving. I took the best 6 girls. I am feeding them general organics bloom now. Here they are 2 days into 12/12

[​IMG]

I'll try to post pics every few days or so.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Here's some pics leading up to about 4 weeks of 12/12

Pm if you have specific questions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Awesome looking really good ! I have the same lights and wanted to see with what type of production I would get. Your lady's are beautiful
    Any tips with the viparspectra lights I am on week 4 of veg. Also what strains are you growing they didn't seem to stretch that much. one of my problems is my plants cannot get over 5 ft

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Also how far do you keep the lights from the plants ?

5. I have a few strains that a friend has been doing for a while. Most are indicated dom. Hybrids and I have one thats heavy indica. The plants definitely stretched. I'd say 2 to 2.5x after the flip. I had the light at the recommended distance of 24 inches I think it was for veg then got closer when flowering. I'd say I kept it at 14-16 inches for the first two weeks then gradually got the light to 12 inches (haven't had any burns yet). I would reccomed running a small exhuast with these lights in a tent because they do get a little warm. Also keep tying and topping your plants to help them get bushy and not tall. This is my first run with these lights and they seem to be doing pretty damn well for only 400w of actual power. Are you running two of them?

6. Yes I am running two of them I am growing 3 80/20 sativa Dom plants and 2 indica Dom plants. I think the sativas are gonna get too tall I'll have to end up putting them outside /: that's why I plan on vegging them after 5 weeks I have been topping and fimming them but I keep my lights a lot closer and it doesn't seem to harm them ? Is that bad? Here are some pics [​IMG][​IMG]

7. This is the plant closest to the light and has no signs of burn [​IMG] it is about two to three inches away. They all look good Besides the 1 leaf on the right that is kinda deformed idk if that is due to the light. I have always kept the lights fairly close to them
    . What are sign of light burn with these LEDs?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Also did you use both switches for veg or only the veg ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. It depends on what you mean by bad. If it doesn't burn the leaves it's not bad, but the lights have footprints. From my understanding the plants don't need as much light during veg. you might be making the footprint smaller by hanging them close to the plants. If you have the manual for the lights it shows a digram of how big the footprint and how much par there is at different heights. I would think that hanging them higher for veg would be more efficient (becuase less light is needed and the footprint would be bigger)but If anyone else thinks something different I would be intersted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ok good to know I'll put them higher and I thought the bloom switch was for the more intense light cannabis needs when flowering. Do you think having both switches on would have made a big difference

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. No I had both switches on. The bloom adds more spectrums. I've read some people use veg only and some use both for veg. But you may want to look into the spectrums and stretching. I think I read somewhere plants stretch in veg when there's more reds (bloom switch). Might make a difference if if you need them short.

12. Awesome good to know. Good luck with your grow keep me updated your grow looks killer !

13. Looking really good. You're doing a good job keeping the girls happy. You must be a ladies man. =)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Subbed! keen to see this, I just purchased a Viparspectra 450w just 5 mins ago to test for my brothers hydro shop, if all goes good he's gonna stock them.

15. Great looking grow! I am also considering these lights to start my first indoor grow sometime next month. Any word on the yields yet herna236 or mattyniggz87? Excited to pull the trigger on these but any substantial indoor grow that I've seen uses much more expensive lighting.

16. Hey
    Hey Mate,
    Im not at harvest yet got about another 6 weeks, but you can check out my journal.
    The lights are definitely quality, and my plant loves it! better than anything else iv ever used, great growth rate and the temps stay nice and low with no ducting and expensive fans and shit.
    GreenmanQLD's - Auto Anesthesia - 450W LED - Soil/Perlite - Page 3

17. Sold! (Subscribed)
    Can't wait to see how you make out!