First KindSoil / Supersoil Grow Question

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 918AutoGrower, Jun 19, 2018.

1. I’m starting my first KindSoil grow:

New 3x C4 Auto Grow
    New 3x C4 Auto Grow

My question is: before I put my germinated seeds into my 5-gallon fabric pots filled with 3lbs of KindSoil and Coco Loco, should I wet the medium really well?

One of the mistakes I made the last time I grew autos in Fox Farms Ocean Forest is that I didn’t saturate the soil prior to planting my seeds, so the soil was a bit too hot and it stunted my plants a tad bit.

I’m wondering if I need to wet my supersoil and let it sit for a couple days before I plant my beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I don’t grow autos and usually start in solo cups to allow roots to develop before transplant into larger pot. I guess you’re not supposed to transplant autos though.
    Here’s what I would do. Fill your pots 2/3 with supersoil, 1/3 with something less hot like Happy Frog cut with perlite or something. Plant your seeds in the top layer and as they get older the roots will grow down into your supersoil when they are better prepared
    This is what I used to when growing in my recycled supersoil

• Like Like x 2
  3. I followed the instructions for KindSoil. You place 3lbs of KindSoil in the bottom of the pot and top it off with CocoLoco. So, I pretty much did what you suggested (which is what KindSoil says to do.

The CocoLoco provides a suitable medium with just enough nutrients for the plant to make it into vegetative growth and then when it reaches the bottom it gets to the amendments and takes off.

I was just wondering if I need to wet the soil first. Is that not a thing? Do you guys not do that?

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow

4. I would just wet the area the seed is planted. Spray it with a spray bottle

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Did you germinate your seeds yet? I would recommend checking out this thread by @Organic sinse, a master auto grower.
    If you have not popped them yet, you should thoroughly soak the soil and plant directly in there. First watering would be about a week after they break the surface. If they are already popped, use your judgement based on that timeline.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I just wet the area around the seedling until it had a few sets of leaves, then watered more heavily over time. Worked good

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

7. Where did you get the kind soil from i prefer to buy it then try to mix it myself

8. Amazon

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

9. I purchased mine directly from kindsoil.com. You don't get much of a shipping break from Amazon if you purchase KindSoil from Amazon. I have found a different supersoil concentrate where you mix it with your choice of potting soil, just like KindSoil. The ingredients are very similar. I'm currently germinating a 4th C4 Auto to go with my 3x C4 auto KindSoil grow, and on the 4th plant, I'm going to use this other supersoil concentrate.

I found the vendor on eBay, and talked to him a little. The owner of this other company is a huge fan of autos, and he developed a supersoil / living soil recipe specifically for autos. He also sells a batch of supersoil concentrate for photoperiod plants.

I really want to see how his soil compares to KindSoil because his soil is way less expensive than KindSoil. This is the listing I found on eBay. He also has a website where he sells his supersoil concentrate called "Nature's Living Soil" — www.natureslivingsoil.com.

The supersoil concentrate I purchased from him is enough to grow 1 auto in a 5-gallon container (after it is mixed with your choice of potting soil). He recommended Roots Organic, but I'll be using CocoLoco so that I can do an accurate test and compare with my other C4 autos which are in KindSoil.

If you want to follow my journal, here is the link: New 3x C4 Auto Grow

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've seen that brand alot since I've been doing research kind or just water soil