First indoor grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by noobman, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Hey everyone this is my first attempt at an indoor grow and thought it best to get in and get everything checked over before I spend to much. Bit of background I grew outdoors a few years ago but ended up with 2 healthy 3ft plants both turned out male though:( so im not a complete novice.
    Back to the point I have a 2m tall cupboard thats about 1m wide and 60cm deep which i removed the shelves from. Im going to build an odour nuetralising machine that should take care of most of the smells (im in a highly populated area), going to buy 2 2x flouresent light fittings and 2 normal globe fittings and run the long ones in a line above the full grow area and then drop the normal globe fittings down in the middle of the plants for side lighting. Small fan that i will put on to keep the air moving and strengthen the plants. Timer to control the lights when i wish 2 flower them. Im going to grow in regular potting mix and add ferilisers when needed. Since this is my first grow I want to use it to find what type of stone I like the best indica/sativa/mix and because its my first time and it might fail im going to buy nirvana seeds and am thinking;
    Top 44 (indica)
    White Widow (mix)
    Jack herrer hybrid (sativa)
    Any feedback crisisms welcome on strains and setup my goal is 3 females.
    Thanks

2. Make sure that if you are using fluorescents, you use T-5's. Much better. Forget the globes. Worthless.

3. #3 noobman, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
    Whats a T-5? A type of bulb for the tube lights? I was only putting the globes in for side lighting but if its not worth it save money for any problems that i'll encounter.
    Been reading around the forums and a few guides just want everything to get checked before I buy the stuff I need. Will be starting a grow journal with pic's when things get started. Any idea on the strains? Want to order asap so I can get started.