First Indoor Grow with Coco

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dro86, Aug 16, 2012.

1. hey whats up GC! this is my first grow and decided id like to share my experiences with you all and hopefully get some advice and tips on how to better my grow. i started with some bagseed, im going to be buying some seeds from nirvana within the next couple of days. so far my plant is about a week and a half old. its in a 3-gallon pot with 1/3 coco, 1/3 perlite, and 1/3 vermiculite. im using 2-100w CFLs in a GL40 GrowLab Grow Tent the dimensions are 1'4" wide x 1'4" deep x 3'11" tall. as for nutrients im using the flora series from general hydroponics and i got myself a pH kit. currently the temp in my tent is 80degrees with 40% humidity. my plant got off to a rough start, im not quite sure what happened? its looking a lot better now than it did a few days ago. let me know what you guys think!

Attached Files:

2. Alright here's another update. This is my plant at 2 weeks. I cut off the brown ends of the leaves, today. Been trying to keep my humidity between 50-60 but it keeps dropping down into the 40s. Same with my temps, it's hard to keep in the 70s. Temp keeps rising to the low 80s. Any advice on how to keep the humidity/temp stable? I also moved my lights to about 1-2 inches away from the plant. Might be switching to a 150w hps when I flower but still use some 2700k cfls with the hps bulb. Good investment? Let me know!

Attached Files:

3. Quick update. Day 16 since it first sprouted. Lights are a lot closer now. Still getting brown tips on its leaves. Gonna invest in a pH pen. Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

4. Thinking about setting my lights to 18/6. I plan on vegging for about 3-4 more weeks depending on how big she gets. Is there a huge difference between keeping them on 24/7 n keeping them on 18hrs/off 6hrs? Hopefully I can get someone to reply back to me. I can use all the advice I can get.

5. Another update, today makes the plant 3 weeks since it sprouted.

6. Here's a pic. Looks a lot better than before, hopefully it can stay looking good.

Attached Files:

7. Haven't updated my journal in a while, been using my other thread so I'm gonna start using this one. Here's some pics from yesterday. 5 weeks from seed. I'm away for the weekend so I won't be able to see my plant till Monday. Hopefully no problems arise while I'm gone.

Attached Files:

8. Still small for 5 weeks. Someone told me thy not flushing my coco before I used it caused it to grow slow. That's exactly what I didn't do lol next time I'll flush before. Haven't had any problems for about 2 weeks maybe. Also haven't been checking the pH either.

9. Some pics from today. 5 weeks 3 days from seed. There's a dark spot on one of the leaves, I'm not sure what it is. I tried getting a good pic of it but it's kinda blurry.

Attached Files:

10. Just got four 35watt cfl bulbs (2) 2700k and (2) 6500k. Gonna put those in soon. Plant is looking nice but have some brown spots on one leaf. Not sure what that is? Also might top it tonight. Pics coming soon.

11. So one of the 6500k bulbs blew out within 2 hrs of putting it in the tent. Not sure why that happened.. So I only 105watts of CFLs. 70watts of 2700k and one 35watt 6500k. Since I spent about half as much as a 150watt HPS I'm just gonna buy that instead of these cfls. I'd rather just hang one light than trying to position these cfls around the tent.

I also topped yesterday, might have fimmed it. I hope I didn't mess it up....haha pics will be uploaded today.

12. Fed yesterday with 3/4 strength nutes. Also tipped yesterday. Brown spots still on the leaves.

Attached Files:

13. 6 weeks from seed today. Watering tomorrow morning and rearranging the tent and stuff. Temps still vary from 70-88, trying to keep it at a steady 73-78

14. Some pics from today. Not sure if I topped or fimmed it but it's looking good. Brown spots seem to be fading away.

Attached Files:

15. Total of 105watts in there. Might get another 35watt bulb tomorrow. I was hoping to switch to flower this week but I might let it go another 2-3 maybe if it doesnt get any taller. Kinda of anxious to flip the lights lol

16. Quick update. 6wks 2days from seed. Anyone kno what that spot is in the 3rd pic? Noticing tiny bits of browning/yellowing on the side tips of leaves.

Attached Files:

17. Finally got off my ass n rearranged the tent setup. Here it is.

Attached Files:

18. Quick update. Fimmed or topped 4 lower branches/chutes whatever you call em lol and the two tops are filling in nicely. I'm happy it starting to get bigger I can't wait to flip the lights.

Attached Files:

19. Switching the lights tonight. Too anxious to wait n I figured Id rather not waste anymore time wondering of its male or female. Some pics before switching tonight.

Attached Files:

20. Update: 7 weeks from seed. 2 days since 12/12. Looks like rust spots on the leaves or something, don't really kno what it is.. How long does it usually take to see if it's make or female?

Attached Files: