First indoor grow, setup help/advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Richayy, Aug 9, 2012.

1. i got my 440cfm 6"inline on amazon also...think it was like $80
    best price i could find

2. damn well what should i do for fresh air? i do have a co2 tank with a regulator...

3. what is the optimal relative humdity? is there anyway to control it without an expensive dehumidifier? its beeen a couple days since transplanting to 1gal smart pots but all my girls are looking good:) unfortunatly the pics i tooked the other day were so large gc took a dump when i tried uploading them. im going out right now to take a few shots so you guys can see where im at.

4. my babies

Attached Files:

5. grow room setup

Attached Files:

6. if your exhaust fan is large enough you just need a passive intake cause the air being sucked out needs to get replaced from somewhere...maybe you could put an elbow in the wall so no light comes in but air can pass freely...are you gonna throw some mylar up on those walls? keep those girls happy:)

7. Yep. Left walls already done! As for your idea for a passive intake... do you mean i should suck in air from outdoors, into the room, through both reflectors then back out of the room somehow....meanwhile i install a big inline fan attached to a carbon filter located above the veg section and just periodically suck some serious stinky air out, while essentially breakin the vacuum seal with a 90 elbow installed in my wall casually drawing air as physics needs?

8. my vented hood is set up like this.... 4" high vol inline fan outside of my grow space blowing air through my cool tube then out of the grow room...i dont have a carbon filter on that fan yet i hope to not need one on that fan.... i also have a 6" high vol inline fan with a carbon filter sucking hot air out of my bloom space....in my veg area i just have a 6" duct booster sucking air out of that space.... i dont have any intake fans really... i did put a reg 9" desk type fan by my intake to give it a little extra

9. for intake in my bloom space i put 2-4" vents in the wall

10. nice. i think thats kinda what im going to setup, just a lil frustrating going back n forth and being indecisive doesnt help when it already takes 5 days to ship. btw is 58-65 relative humidity ok? it fluctuates and idk where i should be at.

11. thanks dude, bout to torch up some keef and get crackalackin.

12. #33 Richayy, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    Took some pics last night, they seem to be loving life. Not a whole lot else has changed in the flower room, im really just trying to focus on devising a plan to exhaust my room and keep temps consistent. Ill try to explain my situation so more ppl can weigh in on it. I have a grow room approx 8x6.5x6.5. I have a veg section blocked off within my room thats about a foot and a half wide. The main room has two hps eye bulbs 600watt quantum ballasts and 6in xxxtreme reflectors. I want to run ducting connecting the two reflectors with the ducting being exhausted outside of my grow. I was going to get a temp controller and when it gets above a certain temperature it kicks on the inline fan to push or suck all the hot air out of the reflectors and hopefully the room. Where should i put the inline fanto to ensure best cooling effects? Should i mount it right on the one reflector sucking air right out of the room near the top, through the hood, through ducting to tje other hood, through more ducting leading outside the grow. Or should i have the fan somewhere near the exit of the duct work sucking it out? Idk. Any ideas would be helpful, i dont like not being able to incorpprate a carbon filter.

13. i never used a temp controller...i just have my one fan turn on for 15 min. then off for 15 min....always gettin fresh air in the room.
    are you going to have 2 inline fans? one to cool the lights and another to exhaust the room?... that is how i have mine set up.
    just to clear up your room size 8'long X 6.5'wide X 6.5' high?
    im sure we can figure out a way to get a carbon filter in there

14. yes those are the correct dimensions. and i was going to have one inline fan cooling the lights by just pulling air from inside the room through the hoods and out of the room. whether or not i need another inline fan to bring fresh air in is what im on the fence about.

15. how many cfms is your fan? carbon filter? i feel like you told me but im kinda high:)

16. Haha thats an acceptable excuse, but its whatever i want to buy. I only have a small homemade can fan that i plan to use to expell hot air from my veg room. I have yet to purchase any qualitt inline fans or filter. Just plain aluminum duct work

17. ah... i see... well my 6" inline is 440cfm which is pretty powerful....check some of the vent threads they have a formula to figure out what size fan you need... i have i written down at home i can get it to you later... 4" high vol inline fan should be good for your size room... but you might wanna get the 6" cause youre gonna have 2 600w lights in there they can get kinda hot

18. i want to get the 6in just so i dont have to adapt to a smaller or larger size with my ducting being 6in and my reflector openings also 6inches. i want to figure out if i will have enough power in the fan to mount it on my reflector and attach the filter right to it so when it gets too hot in my room the fan kicks on and sucks air from the room through the filter through the hoods and out of my room. do you think thats asking too much from a 6in inline fan?

19. i keep my fan on my cool tube on anytime the light is on... i heard that you can burn out the tube if you leave the light w/o a fan...not sure about reg air cooled hoods.... have you turned your lights on yet and see if they run hot?...my 600w nextgen ballast with digilux bulb is pretty hot if i run it in a wing reflector...turn one on and expirament