first indoor grow set up

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crusty4365, Sep 28, 2008.

1. #1 crusty4365, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
    regular closet?
    [​IMG]

lets look closer and move some clothers out of the way
    [​IMG]

oh a gun cabinet?!
    oh wait lets take off the lock and have a look inside
    [​IMG]

ohhh shittttttt!!! haha shits sick yo check out the wireing coming through the back that comes through the wall, its plugged in in my brothers room so i can blame it on him if i get caught!
    [​IMG]

what are your thoughts and opinions on this grow set up?

i got 3 cfls- 2 mounted on the door and 1 mounted in the top center
    i got 1 flouresant hanging on big zip ties from the top this is good because as the plant grows i can just zip the light up quarter inch at a time!

unfortunatly i have no plans or ideas for ventilation

i put foam around the door frame to make it so no light shines through and so the smell is contained

i have 3 locks on it
    2 are chatman locks that came with the gun cabinet and one lock i bolted on its just a pistol lock mounted on the door of the cabinet it works quite well

i have power running in behind the cabinet from my brothers room so it is descrete and unnoticeable

i have placed some seeds in a tupperware container in water to start germination
    of course i left this in my brothers room so if hes caught with the newly germinated weed plants he gets in trouble and kicked out of the house hahaa! fuck him

im even thinking about bolting the cabinet to the wall so it cannot be moved or inspected further.

im hoping for a good harvest

how many plants should i keep in here with given this light set up

i have a tray with six small divisions so i cannn start 6 plants most likely selling 3 or 4 of them and of course throwing out any males.

my first grow will be of mids that smokes like dro, this sucks i know, butttt i dont want to drop piff seeds on a set up that just might not work.

plus it would be a shame if my mom found a beautiful 4 foot sour d plant in my closet just before harvest!!! hahaha

my friend is going to set me up with a computer tower to grow in so i can start off piff plants and see how well they work inside the computer tower and then possibly transplant them to my gun cabinet and sell the middies plants.

ow-owwww!!! cant wait to grow these bitches!:hello:

2. i am thinking about installing a black floro in there too
    any takes on this?
    i know black lights dont help much but i think if it supposidly helps thc production why the fuck not right?
    [​IMG]

ohhh yeahh and incase you couldnt tell i coated the entire inside of my grow cabinet with aluminum foil to reflect all the light and that way light can reflect down and keep my lower canopy healthy after i zip the floro light up with plant growth

3. heres the official story

a couple weeks ago my dads friends son dropped a gun cabinet off at the house
    i saw my opportunity
    i took out the locks from the gun cabinet and hid the keys
    i convinced my dad it was useless without locks and that we should throw it out
    then a couple weeks later i convinved him to throw it out finaly he said yes
    then i said hey you know what i think i could use that for storage as a locker in my closet can i keep it?
    he says yes becuase its useless as a gun safe if it doesnt lock
    so i decided to put another lock on it that way if he asks why he went to open it and it wouldnt open i wouldnt get in trouble for lieing. butttt if i put another lock on it hed just think its a useless ******-rigged gun safe.
    so soon after i got to work with the aluminum foil and foam and wireing and lighting and now its completed after 1 night of hard work.
    ready to grow!

haa genius!:D

4. OH and since i cant put my guns in it i keep them close by to my bed incase someone thinks they can fuck around with my fucking SHIT!!!!:ey:

5. #5 chemicalcomfort, Sep 28, 2008
    it takes every fiber of my being to stop myself from just saying FAIL.

you need ventilation. don't waste your time with that black light. aluminum foil is garbage.

6. thats a nice gun fella where you from ? cant help much with yur grow as im only learning myself like.. what watt are yur lights ?

7. I second this motion...

8. #8 Anony, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
    Double post

9. He is correct.
    Foil is a no no, ventilation is a must, and only use proper lighting.

Also, posting guns is not allowed here, make sure you read the forum rules, I have deleted two of your pics.

10. Yeah, My first grow box had aluminum foil. Its not good for the plants...
    And where is the ventilation? put some ventilation at the bottom and on the top of the box. Or something like that.
    They have to breathe. But stay positive dude, it looks like your gonna end up with a nice stealthy box.
    My first growbox was made of cardboard box hahahaha!

11. #11 curbendurben, Sep 28, 2008
    :eek: Come on dude do some Research!!! foil is a defo NO NO get some mylar or paint the cupboard white, as for the so called CFL'S they will not give you a good crop, Go out and buy a proper CFL enviro lite with reflector they cheap as!! that way you may have a chance in gettin some bud!! Plant's need air aswel "remember fresh air is your friend" :wave:

12. #12 mels, Sep 28, 2008
    Intake at the bottom exhaust at the top. Also I just read the rest of this post and dude WTF.

13. thanks brutha didnt know of that rule lol
    but do you know why foil is bad i feel that it will reflect quite nicely and since im useing cfl and floros it shouldnt heat up too much to begin with

14. you have alot of input for what im doing wronge but no input for how to fix it.
    why are you on a forum if you comment peoples ideas telling them they will not work if INFACT you have no solution yourself?

id love to hear your ideas because you obviously know more than i but if you are just going to tell me what im doing wronge in a condesending manner and offer no solution please dont comment this thread. thank you.

15. Foil is bad for a number of reasons. Of which the worst are its habbit to create hot spots and burn plants its also not very reflective suprisingly. Either get some emergency blankets or paint it flat white. Also you will need at least 100 actual watts per plant. Remember you need a gallon of pot space for every foot the plant grows. You are also going to need some nutes for a good result.

So calm down, good luck, read up and peace out.

16. im from ny its an sks hacked up a bit so now its assault riffle and yes its illegal lol

i got 1 15watt floro and 2 13 watt cfl and 1 23 watt cfl
    i got a 15watt black light but not sure if i should use it

17. dont worry about my age boss.
    any solutions for this set up?

18. Black light won't grow a plant there is speculation that when used for a few hours a day in flowering trich production will increase.

19. you cant tell from the pictures but all the wires are up top away from the plants on a shelf and the wireing leading down to the lights is tucked away

how could i descretly ventilate a gun case???

and why should i no longer use foil? i figured it would be a nice addition

20. so your saying when i change to 18/12 to put the black light on in place of the floro for 1 or 2 hours to increase the thc?