First indoor grow rubbermaid grow box compact flourescent bulbs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jollaroint, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I'm an experienced outdoor grower looking to try something different. I am currently germinating bag seed using the paper towel method. In the germ/sprouting phases I will build the large box. The small box is a couple if foil lined shoe boxes put together; that is what they will sprout in while I construct the main box. It will be two bigass Rubbermaid boxes stacked on each other, the bottom of the upper one will be cut out, obviously the top of the bottom one will be cut out too, the interior will be lined with foil and an intake/exhaust system. I am using gardening soil not sure which kind but it has time release nutrients. The main box will have three lights up top and two along each side. I am looking forward to this, and any and all help will be appreciated.

2. Bump. Fan placement and how to make a carbon filter would be useful

3. Grow box construction has begun
    image-296456215.jpg

image-4272370645.jpg

image-449035177.jpg

There are some holes, and they will be taped, caulked, sealed,and sealed again. I just made rough cuts but the shelf in the middle is for the light fixtures. Foil lining will be coming soon I would also like to put an intake hole at the bottom and a single fan for exhaust at the top. Would this work because of negative pressure? Also I'm thinking about cutting the top of the bottom tub so the top tub can sink in helping eliminate light leaks of course I will still caulk to ensure no light leaks.

4. Foil is bad dont use foil.

5. What should I use in this box? A friend of mine told me the non shiny side of foil is good for reflection, by the way, my current budget for reflective lining is 5 dollars American and I can't order anything online, any help is appreciated

6. Well unfortunately your friend is wrong foil will create hot spots. Paint it white or save some chip bags that have a shiny inside

7. Cheap, easy, and I'm recycling! I love the chip bag idea, my seeds are still germinating; I started this morning obviously no progress thank you for the help. Also, I've been reading on the forums, and you really know your shit. I don't know jack about indoor, I'm not worried about the plant, but I might need help, right now it's grow box construction, but thanks to your advice you sped up that process. I'm not worried about my temporary sprouting chamber. Just hoping I can finish the box in a week. I got everything except light fixtures and a fan, I might be able to get a fan quickly though its just the damn fixtures, off to bed thanks for the advice.

8. Bump. A couple if seeds cracked today that's it still a ways to go before the taproot gets long

9. Im a rubbermaid grower myself, im subbed. just get some white spray paint from dollar store, and paint the inside of the tubs white. No foil needed. The white will reflect light better than chip bags anyway.
    happy growing!

10. Honestly mate, I tried foil it sucked ass. I switched to emergency blankets. Like $3 at Walmart and one is large enough to line a good sized box. 2 would cover a small closet.... Just a thought.

11. I'm thinking about purchasing the blankets but I only have the top lamp though I'm about to put the first seed in soil

image-3195161187.jpg

12. Even still. Check out the pics I just posted in my second journal in the indoor grow journal section. It reflects so awesome!

13. The grow is cancelled, in response to a recent meth lab incident my landlord will be randomly checking apartments; this is some unsettling news. I will post an outdoor grow journal when the season permits

14. damn bro, yall growing weed and cooking meth, at the same damn timem, in the same apartment building....lol

15. #15 jollaroint, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    I'm not cooking meth the plant is under the care of my good buddy so I will still see some bud. Because when that sucker is ready to put outside its gonna be mine. The bagseed is from a dank bag too so I have high hopes

16. My friend sent me a picture of my plant and all I have to say is, he fucked up

image-160041074.jpg

17. Wow!! What the fuck happened to it? Was the light 10 ft away? That thing stretched out bad.

18. Wooooah buddy.

A seedling can be hidden quite easily.

19. Bro..wtf is that... a cigarette with some hair tied to it?
    Commence the ass kickin!

20. Apparently its a marker with a failed plant attached to it; and when your landlord is looking in every nook and cranny it is hard to hide. Plus eviction is a bitch, and so is jail.