First Indoor Grow: Pics. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by medical grower, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Wow I hope my first indoor grow goes this well .. Looks amazing

2. Posted a few pics of the Blue Dream to another thread to get opinions on harvest time. Here's a link if you'd care for a look: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/955394-blue-dream-ready-chop-pics.html

My photos suck compared to my wife's, though. She says she'll be taking some more shots soon. She's had a very full plate at work the last few weeks so by the time I've got her fed and a little smoke in her she's been too tired to get her butt to the grow room with the camera. Close to harvest, though. This is day 3 into week 8 since I flipped to 12/12. Another one to three weeks depending on the strain and I should be golden!

3. So... still can't upload photos, eh?
    :confused:

4. #104 medical grower, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
    Okay let's see if I can upload a single pic... ah. That's better!

Don't know if anyone is still checking this thread, but here's an update
    with a few pics anyway.

NOTE: These are not my wife's photos. I took them so that's why they suck!
    She will be taking some more shots in a few days so I will post them at that
    time.

So... here are the plants, day five of week nine since flipping to 12/12.
    The B.B. Kush, the Blue Dream and the Afghani Skunk. The plants will be
    ready in different stages, but the main colas on most of the plants should
    be ready to chop between 5 and 10 days by my estimation. Going to remove the
    larger sections first and then let the middle and lower bud sites soak up
    mass amounts of light for a few days before I harvest them.

Flushed the living shit out of the plants last Sunday. Few bad affects from
    the flushing but as you can clearly see in the photos the Blueberry Kush
    plant started some wild new growth at the top of the main cola, which by my
    estimation will weigh in somewhere around one pound wet (including the massive stem and the clusters of side-buds around the main cola, just judging by how heavy it feels in my hand) after
    manicuring. Most of the pistils have already sucked well into the sacs, but
    just look at that fresh batch of white pistils at the top! Expected this
    from the Kush as i've seen similar results from other growers after
    flushing.

Hoping for a good yield but still don't want to estimate. If I get around a
    pound from the four plants I'll be delighted for a first indoor grow. As
    long as I harvest them at the right time, can get them dried correctly in
    the super low humidity here in Colorado and cure them right I should be good
    to go. I think the thing I'm most impressed with about the buds is the
    density. Even the Sativa strains have ridiculously thick, dense buds.

Lots of smaller buds near the bottom on all four plants. In retrospect I
    should have trimmed off a lot of the scrubbier growth. A situation I will
    correct on my next grow.

Oh, and BTW, I've decided to start growing 100% organic in the near future.
    I have contacted a local master grower and will be getting schooled on
    organic growing soon. The taste and aromas of organic weed simply can't be
    outmatched by synthetic grows.

Attached Files:

5. Damn, medical grower. You weren't lying when you told SCMC "I don't need any luck with my plants ,but thanks." LOL. Those are beautiful. I love the color of those hairs. Really yellow. Good work.

6. Thanks! But just as I said, all of your help, advice and opinions were invaluable. And I mean that from the bottom of my black little heart!

The pistils are much more orange than the photos imply. Think its the lighting. The pistils on the Super Lemon Haze plant (not shown) are much more brown. Lot's of sativa in that plants so it may be a week or two behind the rest. I think the Afghani Skunk is about that far behind as well, but we shall see! :D

7. How many grows you got under your belt?

8. This is my very first indoor grow. I used to do some outdoor growing, but that was many (many) years ago now. I stopped doing it because I didn't want to risk a criminal record for growing a plant.

Now I live in Colorado, have my Red Card and am 100% state legal. I'll harvest more than I can keep, but that's ok. It is the Yule season after all! :smoke:

9. Nice first grow! Where in CO? I lived in Summit County for 6 yrs., and Denver for 1. That's where I learned all the tricks to our trade. Love it out there. Can't wait to go back!

10. Lived in Boulder many years ago before moving back to Indiana for a while. I'm now living in the Fort Collins area in northern CO. Still really nice, but I prefer Boulder. Real easy to get around most of the state though so I get there quite often.

11. #112 medical grower, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
    I'll have an update posted tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, wasn't even sure anyone was still following my thread.

Been a kick ass week of harvesting and getting the grow room **** and span for the new gals.

12. did they really bleep out ****?

edit - goddamn, they did haha

13. LOL! Yeah, looks that way. Since when is talking about cleaning the grow room a racial slur? :D

14. yeah I saw where you commented on someone elses grow so i checked yours out. seems pretty impressive :) gives me hope that maybe one day i can grow half as good as some of you guys lol.

15. growin is super easy to be honest...

16. How are you? I just wanted to say that I find you guys making fun of Mexicans, well frankly offensive. So FFFFFF........

17. Just kidding bro. Ive just read your grow and man was it nice, Also read your BD thread;what lead me here. anyways nice grow and just wanted to say im in for the ride!

18. Real quick update. I'll have a full report soon but my wife has been in the hospital the last few days. Quite a scare but she's home now and we're taking care of her. Just whopped at the moment.

All four plants are harvested, dried and are currently curing in 13 Mason Jars. Around 10 ounces total. A bit less than I had hoped for but the Super Lemon Haze stayed really small despite my best efforts and only yielded just under an once. Have sampled everything except for the Afghani Skunk. The Blue Dream and S.L.H. deliver an incredible soaring head high that lasts and lasts. The Blueberry Kush is much more of a body high, but great for pain which I need from time to time. Flavors and aromas are starting to develop nicely but the buds still need much more jar time to fully mature. The Blue Dream has been jarred the longest, but only for nine days. The taste is getting creamy but still tastes and smells "young" for lack of better words. Hoping with a good cure that everything comes together in harmony. Flushed the living shit out of the plants two weeks before harvest, cut off nutes a week before that and fed only RO water from then on. If the smoke comes out clean and tasty I'll stick with the same feeding regiment, but if there's even a hint of chemical taste i'll be switching to all organic in the future.

More soon and will have another taste/smell report after another week or so.

19. Picked up the General Organics starter pack today (eight different products, all 100% organic and with one exception 100% vegan to boot) for a mere $26.00. Been kicking around making the next grow (already underway) 100% organic anyway, and at that price I couldn't pass it up. Should be plenty of product to get my six new plants through an organic grow.

I'll keep everyone posted on how it does. Even the Cal/Mag supplement in the box is 100% organic, and since I don't yet have the experience to brew my own organic teas I thought it might be worth the experiment!