First indoor grow journal.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by kjkj13, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Well this is my FIRST indoor grow, i have grown several plants outside, but had to relocate because Florida weather blows. im growing in my walk in closet, the size of the closet really helps with keeping the heat down. The area im growing in within the closet can support 4-5 plants that are around 3 feet tall. I Blocked off my grow area with Thick White computer paper and a display board (this is just temporary, im not sure what else to use, but it does reflect light quite well. The lighting system im using is a T12 Shop Light(4ft long) With 2 Cool White Tubes, I also have a 26 watt CFL(Cool White) i have another Bulb i may add but i need to find a lamp. Since the closet it so large it doesn't get very hot the AC keeps it somewhat cool even though no vent is in that room, but i still have a small Fan blowing towards the door, and a larger fan blowing on the grow area(oscillating). the first pot you see with 2 seedlings in it has about 4 more seeds that havn't sprouted(i did not germinate these seeds, people say you shouldn't grow more than one in a pot but Ive done it several times outside, the second pot contains only 2 seeds, which i did germinate. I was curious if the bulbs i have will be good for the full growth or do i need new CFL's for Flowering ? Ty for reading this any and all tips are appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. forgot to add something. The Tubes are about 8 inches from plants and the CFL is about 5.5

3. Dude you need to move this to the GROW JOURNAL section.. or ask a moderator to do so for you. This section is for quick indoor questions and answers. you want ppl to see the journal go post it over there :0
    Just My .02 Helping out :)

Good Luck man.. looking good :)

4. okay its moved sorry, new to site

5. No prob man, it happens :) good luck bro, i will be following :)

6. #6 kjkj13, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
    well i got a new cfl lamp, and everything is now on a timer im doing 14 on 10 off. and there is the food i will be using at about 4 weeks, i used it on all my outdoor plants it worked great!

i watered them while the lightt was on, burned a few true leaves. (first and hopfully last mistake)

i put foil inside the lamp to make it more reflective but i did a very poor job =p

Attached Files:

7. this whole setup cost me 40 dollars, that includes two cfl's, T12 Lamp(2 Tubes) Extension cords, timer, fans,lamps.

8. Not bad man... but your defff gonna need something better than papers as your wall... get cardboard that big or something lol or even wood more preferably :p
    So far looking good... but why are so many plants in 1 pot? they have to all stay now.. unless your plan was to make a giant bush and remove all males :p

9. you hit the nail on the head, i am going to plant them in a bigger pot sooner or later though.

10. Nice not alot of ppl do this but the ones i have seen are pretty sweet its like a solid bush of nug :) Hope this works out Im stoked :p

11. thanks man i hope all goes well, they look a bit stretched to me, but i got a fan oscillating on high, hopfully the stems will grow strong

12. Yeah they are a bit stretched out but that can be fixed by getting them/ or bringing the lights just above the plants like 1-2 inches above them that will get them more light plus have them stop stretching and induce tight node spacing :)

13. Hi there, :wave: best of luck with your grow. :)

I would put them in their own pots personally. :)

Also, can I ask why the 10/14 lighting schedule? Just curious. :)

14. 14 on 10 off, and its because it they will grow faster, when i'm ready to induce flowering i will change it to 10 on 14 off

15. if im not mistaken i think its stupost to be 18/6 during vegetating and 12/12 during flowering

16. the rule is, plants need more than 12 for vegging, and less than 12 for flowering. So any combination that follows those rules will work, i do it 14/10 to save electricity and keep heat down.

17. removed a 2 plants that were stretched to much, still have 6 growing that are doing fine, moved plants closer to light and getting a 40watt this week. pics coming in 3 days to mark the first week of growth. :smoke:

18. Sounds good and i really wanna see how this 14/10 works out :) i would personally try 15/9 just to give that extra hour away from flowering and i cant wait to see an update :)

19. well as you can see they are doing pretty well, except two which had a rough start because i watered while the lights were on and burned the leaves of them, but they are recovering. i have 3 plants that are kicking ass though, all plants are starting to grow 3 sphere leaves as well, my cam isn't to good so i can't show you until they get bigger sorry. THIS IS WEEK ONE OF GROWTH ENJOY!

Attached Files:

20. what do you guys think? how are they doing?