First indoor Grow journal. What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by functioningHigh, Mar 27, 2013.

1. #1 functioningHigh, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
    Hey so I'm starting my first grow and wanted to get some opinions. No pictures as of now but I will take many and post soon. So for my set-up I have a black trash can lol. I know it sounds dumb but it's looking pretty good, it's about 3 and a half feet tall and 2 feet wide. I first painted the inside completely with 3 coats flat white paint, after that dried I layered the inside with Mylar (the white paint was for any small gaps in the Mylar. For lights I have a 150w cfl daylight spectrum and a 150w cfl soft white spectrum. I will be running both from the top. Next for ventilation I have an 8 inch fan that I cut a hole in the side of the garbage can and mounted like an industrial fan/vent. Buuuut that's not all, at the top in the lid I have a 5in diameter hose connected to a high powered air purifier with an ionizer. Works great ddc4c I also have a bother air purifier in my room too. (The grow is in my closet). I have a digital "accurite" thermometer, and with the lights and fans running it stays about 78 degrees and 43% humidity. I am going to try out Pineapple kush and big bud. I got the seeds from Marijuana Seeds (cannabis Seeds) High Quality Low Prices they came in about a week. I plan on using the 24/0 light schedule for the veg and then will switch to 12/12. For soil have an organic mix of Pete moss, mushroom compost, and vermiculite. I also found a good organic nute mix of pretty much all the essential nutes that the girls will need. As of now they are a day in to getmanation and I guess this is the beginning of my journal! Please feel free to make any suggestions or any input. Pics will come soon.

(DISCLAIMER) these are indoor tomato plants. Any images that look otherwise are fabricated.

2. So just checked the little girls (girls hopefully) lol and their cracking open and the white tails are popping out

3. And it begins.....

4. #5 functioningHigh, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    image.jpg

5. Never thought of using a trash can before, sounds like it could be an interesting alternative for a lot of stealth growers out there.
    But I have to ask, can you move your lights at all? I think CFL's are supposed to be a few inches away from the girls.
    But then again you could always move the plants closer to the light instead of moving the light closer to the plants.
    Either way I'm diggin the trash can idea :p

6. Yes, when I get past the sprouting state I'm going to move in to the can and have a stand to make the girls closer to the light, and as they grow Ill lower them. Thanks

7. Glad to see you're planning ahead. I'm in my first grow right now and I wish I would have done a lot more of it! Good luck man very interested to see how this one turns out, you can count on seeing me on your threads again

8. Looks great man! going to need more light eventually. Have you looked into nutes and grow styles like topping fimming or even LST? or are you planning on going with a straight grow? any ways man digging it also subbed in to see what happens to the ladies next!

9. I'm thinking about SCROG-Ing. And I might get two more CFL's for the sides. Thinking about making an extra micro for only veg.

10. space looks a little limited for scrog. Look into lst less hassle and higher yeilds. for veg man the bluer the better (immulates the summer sun) and for flower your going to want warmer light (fall sun) but i use both lights during the whole process just more of one than the other depending on flower or veg. do you know your strains or are they bag seeds?

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtbYCVivYL0]How to: (LST) Low Stress Training your Cannabis plant - YouTube[/ame]

12. I mentioned in my first post, they are pineapple kush and big bud. Both sativa/indica mix.

13. image.jpg
    Pineapple kush baby girl