first indoor grow! have questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by puff88buds, Apr 20, 2010.

1. quad up. im starting some seedlings at my buddys house this year. ive never tryed to grow indoor but ive grown outdoor the past 2 years. im gonna be growing them outdoor but im going to start them indoor for atleast a month. im doing them up in his ceiling. my question is. its a pretty big area up there nothing like a closet and its pitch dark up there. im starting 6 of them. will the darkness affect how they grow. im just using to 60 watt cfls to start cuz i only have to get them alittle over a foot to transplant them. will i be able to get away without using any kind of box to contain the light in a certain area or will i able to get away with it. its atleast a 60 by 60 space up there. just wondering if the darkness up there will affect how they grow? any help would be awesome because ive already started to germinating them.

also what is the best light shechual to have them on if im bringing them outside after a month. the light will be on for 24 hours to start but will i have to give them longer periods of darkness because they will be going from 24 hours to outside which is no where near that. any help would be greatly apriciated

thanks

2. ...you can leave your plant's light 18 hours on/ 6 hours off, and they will continue to grow without budding hypothetically, forever.

...be careful of the high heat buildup in those attics, too much heat is never a good thing....could stress your plants into hermies....Good luck.:smoking:

3. i might put a small fan up there. should i start for 24 straight and then switch to 18 for a while? also what about building a box. will the plants get enough light even if i dont build a box or anything. thats my main concern

4. ...It would be wise to build a box to reflect more light to your plants....but, I'm sure you can go on without one.

5. alright cool. like i said im not gonna be flowering them up there or anything, i just need the spot to get them going till there big enough to put outside