first indoor grow (few weeks in)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HeatoN, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Hello all

have my first grow set up in an 8x8 room sealed off with an exhaust fan.

2 18" fluorescent tubes hanging approximately 4-5" from the tops of the plant.

they were started under a CFL and have obviously incurred stretching (to help the plants when they begin to topple, if you notice on the leftmost plant we have yarn tied off to the cross beam to help hold it straight, and will implement that incase toppling occurs)

anywho here is a pic of the current situation

[​IMG]

2. Stretcharooners!
    You need to get the plants directly under the lights, 1-2 inches away.
    Looks like you need a fan as well, and this will make them strong too.

3. will do sir, thank you for the feedback

4. someone likes coffee?:)

5. Definetly need more lights. If your working with fluoro tubes I would recommend some CFL's.

6. what type of fixture do you reccomend for the CFL bulb/ where would you say i should place it?

7. You can buy fixtures and CFL's at any home hardware shop, home depot ect, there are different types, just ask someone for more feedback on what they carry.
    More light will definitely do you some good, you will want the cfl's placed evenly but mostly on the sides to help fill them in.
    Also, just wanted to make sure your coffee containers have drainage? You might also want to make small holes in the sides as plastic doesnt breathe like clay does.
    Also, its good to have them up on something so that when the water does drain out, they arent sitting in a pool of it.

8. Check out Kamals CFL Guide, its a sticky.

9. you shoul clean up that room a lil and take a good pic. show use the vent s and light setup

10. Lowes got all sizes for around $4-!3 nice ones big domes for reflecting and 150w CFLS! :smoke:

11. Dude I run alot of forums on the net... And you just came off on the wrong foot... Respect someone who posts a picture and atleast ask's questions. You don't demand or complain keep it cool and irie man!:smoke:

12. well today we just got 2 cfl fixtures and 4 bulbs. should have a pic on the way sometime later in the day.

13. what kind of cfl bulbs did you get?

14. alas an update, 4 60 watt CFL bulbs, 2 fixtures, and organic soil

referring to the setup in my first picture, the tubes are still above the plants, 2 CFLs in the middle, and 1 CFL on each end outside the plants...
    also a fan has been circulating the air around making these little stems strong :hello:

well heres how they look as of now
    [​IMG]

15. HeatOn and I went to lowes (as mentioned earlier) and got two clamp on desk lamps w/ flexible cords. we had to get diff. bulbs of course. actually, HeatOn, did the lamps even come w/ bulbs? we set that up with two reg. little lamps that the same bulbs. he is loading pics that i took.

16. its HeatoN arghh!;) and no they didnt come with bulbs

17. Dude I run alot of forums on the net... And you just came off on the wrong foot... Respect someone who posts a picture and atleast ask's questions. You don't demand or complain keep it cool and irie man!:smoke:

dude, its all good. HeatOn are friends. when i made that reply i was actually reffering to my 3rd friend that took the pic. and all i was meaning was for him to atleast take pride in our hobbie. take the time to send a good pic. my bad for not properly announcing myself

this is babyblu, nig

18. dont be a lil block headed G mofo, HeatoN. put up the other pic

19. i dont have any other pics.

20. theyre sooo stretched!