First Indoor Grow. (Cfl)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shankyboy22, May 22, 2013.

1. Glad you got it now :hello: a few watts under want hurt anything & more light definitly want hurt anything
    Now that you understand the lights , good luck with your endevor & lets quit stealing this guys thread  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :hide:

2. No doubt!!! And once again thanks!! I'm quite sure this may have helped him as well!!

3. Forget the mostt wattage . You want the most lumines@ daylight coler spectrum for veg. I believe two 23watt (46 watts total) cfl bulbs =a greater amount of lumins for less wattage than a 50watt bulb. They alsosell light socket splitters. Also if you plan to upgrade and still want to keep cfls research T5 light fictures

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. So what does that mean?? Forget the "100watts a plant" thing and just go by lumens?? Cuz two 2700k lightbulbs are 5400k lumens.. I'm confused on your response.

5. I've just started my grow using cfls, I've read a lot of pages and forums so I could get as close to right as possible. From what I've been reading if you use a bulb that takes 23w to power it it give off 100w of light, so you would go on total output not power input, am I to understand this to be wrong. Wouldn't that defeat the object of using cfls to lower your electric consumption.

if we all had a smoke we wouldn't need war!!