First Indoor Grow, CFL seed to flower

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by epochz, Apr 28, 2007.

1. My setup
    2x6x8 closet
    1 T5 FL
    2 35W CFL
    Avg tmp 80
    Avg RH 40%
    FoxFarm Soil
    PureBlend Grow (1 week on, 1 week off)
    Liquid Karma
    1 HEPA filter with ionizer in the closet w/ 3 different speeds adjusted depending on heat.
    1 Honeywell 3 speed fan at window pushing old air out
    1 ceiling fan constantly on

Currently 6 babies in 6 inch pots, 3 of them with 5 nodes at 8 weeks (topped) and 3 are 4 weeks behind the others. All are looking pretty healthy to me except for some newbish nute burn that I have corrected since joining the forum and reading up. I am currently moving so I will have more space and a better setup by Monday. I will update pics once a week.

On the last pic you can see my first attempt at LST with one of the youngings, she (hopfeully) is really growing up since I first started training a week ago. I just hope I am lucky like Chimera and others with my first batch

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. I am planning on adding 2-3 more 25+W CFL's to the veggies. And once I move I will be getting the entire setup of lights for the Flowering room.

I am planning on getting for the flowering room:
    6 30+W CFLs @ 2700
    White Mylar
    Timer
    Maybe a ballast for 4' FL

In my new place I will have a lot more room and will also be planting some tomatoes and other veggies for my cooking.

3. white mylar? do you mean that plastic stuff? the black n white waterproof/lightproof material that the grow tents are made out of? cos if so i wana know where to get some from! or if white mylar exists thatd be good...

4. So, my biggest concern was getting my babies across town in a discrete manner. After a few ideas we decided to makeshift a large enough box and toss a black trash bag over it. COMPLETELY INCONSPICUOUS IF YOU ASK ME [/sarcasm] :cool:

Anyway, we made it. No casualties, no damage so I was happy. Then I had to makeshift a closet to hang all my lights and I had wires tied to shoe laces hanging from the hanger rack inside the closet and what a mess. Finally, yesterday I got screws and put everything up as it should and by last night I got a nice surprise........YES, you guessed it.

ITS A GIRL! 1 at least out of all my 6 babies is a girl and I took some new pictures but you cant see the hairs unless you zoom in. I also transplanted 2 of the younger ones that are a few weeks behind, only thing is I got the wrong size pots and their too big. oops, it will do.

I do have an oddity though, and I'm sure this has happened to others but since I topped my 3 oldest, they have grown 2 new tops except for one. One of them is growing another stem exactly in the middle of where I topped it and I have what appears to be 3 main tops. This is either exciting or worrisome to me. Any comments on this is appreciated

Here are my new pics, in order of appearance
    1. New Temperature and RH are better than my old place
    2. New Closet Veggie Setup
    3. My first LST, updated since move
    4. My baby girl Melissa, ZOOM to see hairs
    5. Closer look @ my setup
    6. 2 Healthy new tops

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. what strain(s) are you growing? they look real nice...fluoro grows are always so nice and green. :smoking:

6. All are bagseed, thanks for the comments.

7. Lookin Good. Any idea what strain they are?

8. Due to time restrictions I have started 12/12 at 8pm last night since its 1am here now. I really want to know the sex of the others and if all male I know I can just take my female and put her back in 24/0 and clone her. I also want a harvest by my birthday which gives me 12 weeks give or take a week.

Unfortunetly I do not know what strain these are at all, just hoping for the best since 3 of these were at least some danks and the other 3 could be either dank or mids I had. They are still looking healthy.

I have been using some foliage nutes from Dutch Master since I only had a few samples of the PureBlend Grow which I will purchase more of this weekend. I also have a PureBlend Bloom sample I can use if I get more than the one female I know about.

9. Havent been able to update until now. I will be posting pics later tonight or tomorrow...

Since the last post alot has happened:

1. Two plants including my LST turned out to be male, so I am down to 4. (Not bad for a bagseed grow)

2. Added 2 more CFL's making it 6 and I put them in the middle at a lower level so all the leaves get light.

3. Changed to PureBlend Bloom nutes which I use with reverse osmosis water.

4. Took 2 clones from each of the 4 females left and purchased cloner with humidity dome.

5. Purchased another T5 which makes 2 T5's running on the clones. The clones looked really sad for the first day and a half but wow are they doing great now.

6. MASSIVE hairs and bud locations have appeared in my flowering 4 which gets me excited, plus the colas have already doubled the size of the plants since I topped them and put them in 12/12

So, with any luck I will be able to show off my babies if I can upload the pics tonight, if not tomorrow for sure.:smoke:

10. Bump

lots of views but no comments?

Well then I will post a joke

A man comes home from a tough day of work looking to unwind. After a relaxing dinner with his wife, they retired to bed. So, both go to their separate beds, however the man was not yet ready to slumber. The man called over to his wife, "My little boopey-boo, I'm lonely." So the woman gets out of bed and crosses the room to the husband. On the way she trips on the carpet and falls on her face. The husband with a concerned look on his face says, "Oh, did my little honey-woney fall on her little nosey-wosey?"

The woman gets up and enters the man's bed. The two make passionate love and afterwards the women rolls out. As she is returning to her bed, she once again catches her foot on the carpet and falls flat on her face. The man looks over his shoulder at his wife lying on the floor and says, "Clumsy idiot."

11. nice lookin grow u got here bro, looks like there nice and healthy. watch out for yellowing and u might wanna get some more lights in there if u want faster results...
    peace out and good luck

12. those plants look great man! i agree with 420. in order to finish off those big girls you're gonna need a lot more cfl's imho. You're gonna want to hang some right in the middle of them.
    Good choice on the Pure Blend nutes.. ive been having great luck with it so far.

best of luck man!

13. him and i have the same setup except i have a little bit stronger and a few more lights than he does

What do you mean by

Pureblend Pro - one week on one week off

??? curious, because i have to buy more nutes. Ive been using this 20-20-20 All Purpose potting Soil. I used it my whole first grow, and up to now in my 2nd grow but i want to get some "Bud-Booster/Sweller"

Recommend anything?

14. Damn man, that's SO not a marriage that going to last :p

Wicked green plants man. Looking beauty.

15. I was able to add another light in the middle of the 4 girls, it is a 42W and hopefully it will increase the lower sites' density. Since I added another light I am able to focus the paired ones directly on top of the colas for optimal results.

On another note, the 6 clones I took are doing awesome; greater than I expected with nodes not even 1/4 inch apart and big green leaves. Its nice that I was able to dedicate 2 T5's to those and will be transplanting them again in a week or so which will be fun.

I am currently giving the 4 big girls Dutch Master Foliage nutes, started off at half and worked up to 3/4 to avoid any burn and it looks like I have, otherwise I let the soil dry for a few days extra so that their roots would expand more. Everything is looking great, starting to see some fattening in the colas and just cant wait to see the yield.

I will try to post up some pics tomorrow. Thanks for stopping in.

16. I mean they get the nutes one week of watering no matter how many times they get watered that week and the next week just reverse osmosis water. STAGGER THE WEEKS

I was going to use the PureBlend Pro - Bloom formula since their Grow was excellent, but since I was not able to get down to my hydro store (that shit is far from me) I am using Dutchmasters Foliage nutes which they appear to love since I have noticed fattening just recently.

So, there is
    Dutchmaster -i dont know what the name is specifically for a non foliage nute of theirs
    Pureblend -Bloom
    FoxFarm -Big bloom? i believe its called

17. yeah, i get it. thanks

Keep posting pics of your budsites

I think my babies are getting bigger than yours already

18. you had commented on my grow awhile back and I've since had some PH issues, and it looks like we are on a similar grow time, so i wanted to see how yours look with No PH issues.

Thanks bro.