First indoor grow - CFL - Double Diesel Ryder

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ipoopedmypants, Jan 9, 2013.

1. #1 ipoopedmypants, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    I'm planning my first indoor grow. Don't wan't to be running up my electricity bill so I been reading on CFL grows. My grow area is pretty nice its about 7 foot long, 4 feet wide, 4ish feet tall. Its dirty right now so I have to start cleaning it this weekend. Throw up some plywood on the walls since its under the stairway. Plywood it up than seal off the cracks where the boards meet to hopefully keep the smell down and prevent it from seeping up through the floor boards to the rest of the house. Throw up some Mylar all over the walls.

I'm wondering if I'm understanding CFL growing right. I'd love to grow Sweet Seeds Auto Cream Caramel. So should I be using 2 40w 6400k CFL's per plant while its a seedling/veg than once it starts flowering switch over and give each plant 4 possibly 5 if needed 40w 2500k CFL's? Maybe 40w wont be enough.

2. Usually aim for 100w per plant as a rule of thumb. If you're growing autos they can grow using a red light spectrum (2700k throughout entire growth cycle) however they will supposedly grow larger with mix including blue 6500k for the first 3-4 weeks to supplement the vegetative growth.

T5's are good for compact grows, if you get a 4x 2' set that might be perfect for what you aim to do, and cheap to run. The tubes are cheap and easy to change out so you could go from 2x 24w blues + 2x 24w reds until flowering then put pure red tubes in.

Good luck with the grow.