First indoor grow. Can you give me some advice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shedgrow, Jul 10, 2009.

1. K, so i am planning on growing in a 9'x13' shed and wiring electricity to it from the house. I have a few questions, should i do a SOG grow with two rooms or should i just use one big room? also how many plants can i grow if i do either. what lights would you reccomend for this size area, 1000w hps with fluros or 2 600w lights? Is growing ina shed a good idea, it is in a forest (not deep in) so people wouldnt steal from it. wuold i need to worry about a carbon filter if im fairly far away from neighbors? also, what is a maximum number of strains i
    should grow, i have ten theat i like right now but i can narrow that down.
    my strains are:arjan ultra haze, arjan strawberry haze, white widow, white rhino, church, bubba kush (all greenhouse). papaya, ak48, northern lights, bubblicious (nirvana). also an auto ak47 strain by lowlife so i can have some weed quickly : ). all are femenised.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

2. How will you keep temperature between 70 and 85 (under the lights), and how will you keep humidity at 40-50%?

3. I have a dehumidifier and if i need more humidity i can just use wet towels. Will an air conditioner work to keep the heat down or do i need to vent from the lights? also my first grow will be fall and winter in canada so that should keep itt pretty cool (i have a heater too).

4. Sounds like a very groovy setup dude, I would go with a large flowering area and a small veggy area for cloning then there is no need to buy seeds in the future. 2x 600w HPS would be fantastic and maybe just CFL's for veg. Also I would go with a carbon filter just incase anybody snoops around.

I have fresh air in to cool my flowering area and also need to run a heater in winter. Good luck and be sure to do a journal if you go ahead.